UKC

Glenmore lodge - rock climbing courses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
neil wolstencroft 17 Apr 2003
Hi Guys,

Have a a bit of time on my hands before I start a course in may. I am a keen climber and was thinking of doing a 5 day course at Glenmore lodge in May. So that I can spend quite a bit of time on the rock and get a few tips for improving my technique.

Does anybody have any experience of there rock climbing courses ? and what is the climbing like around aviemore ? Done a bit of winter stuff around there but no rock.

Rgds
Neil
Robert F. 17 Apr 2003
In reply to neil wolstencroft: I did a 5-day course there when I first started climbing and it was excellent. We travelled quite widely over the week, from the North East sea cliffs to Craig y Barns at Dunkeld. The instructor - student ratio of 1:2 meant that you spent lots of time climbing and I learned a lot in a short space of time, going from no real climbing experience at the start of the week to leading (ok, only at VDiff) by the end.It also meant that you could ask the instructor to cover what you wanted: some people on my course said they wanted to learn to lead easy stuff, others wanted to be able to second harder things. I guess from your post you are looking at the advanced course, there was one of those running when I was there and I know the people on it found it very good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...