UKC

Adidas Swoop 2's

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rich Kay 04 Dec 2010
Any good for wet Fell Races or do I opt for Walsh/Inov8?
 Newbuild100 05 Dec 2010
In reply to Templeton Adams: If you are asking if your feet are going to stay dry in any fell shoes ?
If its wet enough, I doubt it.!
In reply to Templeton Adams: Te fit is very very different between Walshs and Swoops. So I'd say go with the ones that fit!
ceri 05 Dec 2010
In reply to Newbuild100: I think he may be asking whether they are good for the conditions (ie grippy) not whether his feet will stay dry!

To OP: I have had mudrocks, swoop2s, walshes highlanders. The Swoops may be a bit less grippy than some, but still managed lamms in them!
OP Rich Kay 06 Dec 2010
In reply to ceri:

Thanks for the advice,I've heard they're good in the mud but not as good as the others on rock and wet grass. As for 'fit' I'll just have to try a few on I guess.
 i_alan_i 06 Dec 2010
In reply to Templeton Adams:

Swoops were the worst shoes I've ever worn on wet rock, but very good on grass or mud, better than mudclaws or walshes.
 pol 06 Dec 2010
In reply to Templeton Adams: Terrifying on wet rock. Good on anything else.
ceri 06 Dec 2010
In reply to Templeton Adams: I was trying to remember if they were grippy on mad/grass and slippy on rock or the other way around, but i think others may have better memories than me!
 Liam M 06 Dec 2010
In reply to Templeton Adams: I agree with other comments, great on muddy or soft grassy terrain, scary sloppy on wet rock and not that much better on dry solid stuff. You can feel the lugs wobble under your feet on rocky ground.
 greenroom 09 Dec 2010
In reply to Liam M: When they wear down a bit though they get a lot less "wriggly" on rock and when really worn they are awesome and quite sticky, so awesome in fact that I prefer them over any other shoe for scrambling in. Hated to retire my last pair but they were just done in.

Just my tuppence

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...