UKC

Gritstone Winter Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Irishonthewirral 06 Dec 2010
Due to the popularity of this thread http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=436389. Gods of rock has been declared fair game for winter ascents. So any updates about the conditions on windgather and hen cloud?
 The Bad Cough 06 Dec 2010
In reply to Irishonthewirral:
> Due to the popularity of this thread http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=436389. Gods of rock has been declared fair game for winter ascents. So any updates about the conditions on windgather and hen cloud?

No but i have heard that there is a bit of powder lying on the ledge of Flying Buttress Direct.

Also TPS is only a grade II winter route!!!
 abr1966 06 Dec 2010
In reply to The Bad Cough: Was up at Widgather on Saturday....had a look around but nothing 'in'...
 The Bad Cough 06 Dec 2010
In reply to abr1966:
> (In reply to The Bad Cough) Was up at Widgather on Saturday....had a look around but nothing 'in'...

Just throw a bit of water towards top of intended route, leave for 15 mins then it will be "in" especially if it trickles down a finger jamming crack!!
 tom.e 06 Dec 2010
In reply to Irishonthewirral: Just make sure the turf's well frozen or you'll ruin the routes for future generations of winter climbers.
 abr1966 06 Dec 2010
In reply to The Bad Cough:
> (In reply to abr1966)
> [...]
>
> Just throw a bit of water towards top of intended route, leave for 15 mins then it will be "in" especially if it trickles down a finger jamming crack!!

Aye...i did have a bit of a snowball fight with my lad, some of the snowballs hit the grit...could be the start of something, DIY winter routes!
Irishonthewirral 06 Dec 2010
In reply to abr1966: Are you mad!!?? chucking snowballs at the rock will damage the rock! think of the ethics man!
 mux 08 Dec 2010
In reply to Irishonthewirral: Come on ..you know that depends on the type of snowball you throw..

Girly pat hands snow balls will be all right..

but for feck sake dont go putting and little stones in a ball of ice like the naughty little school boys you know you are!!
 Rampikino 08 Dec 2010
In reply to The Bad Cough:

Naughty boy mister C.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...