UKC

NEWS: The God Delusion (IX,9) Repeated

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 15 Dec 2010
Pitch 4 The God Delusion, 4 kbAnother big repeat for Pete Macpherson and Martin Moran came earlier this month when the pair teamed up to climb The God Delusion (IX,9) in Coire nan Fhamhair, Beinn Bahn, Scotland.

"Forget the notion of easy introductory pitches on Beinn Bhan. As soon as you are five metres up this wall you feel exposed and committed..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=59406

GDes 15 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: Awesome stuff. Seems like they made pretty quick time too.
 Toby S 15 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

What a fantastic way with words Martin has!

"While Pete squatted in his tiny alcove cursing and swearing like a demented Troll" The piles will do that to you

Inspirational stuff from these two and it's only mid December.
Removed User 15 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: Highly recommend a read of Martin's blog linked in the article. Very inspirational stuff!
Removed User 15 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: Great stuff indeed. One minor point though:

Surely a Red Bull aided ascent is unethical in these enlightened times?
 Toby S 15 Dec 2010
In reply to Removed User:

Your name is Calum Nicholl and I claim my 'Drytoolers Guide to Grit' as a prize.
 jacobjlloyd 15 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: looks cold! Have they not heard - the trend these days is to bring the tools to more forgiving climates for hard cranking... http://www.youtube.com/user/eclimb1
 Mord 15 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Nice one Pete and Martin. Very good.

M.
Geoffrey Michaels 15 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Great report and pictures but you really need to get your place-name proof reading sorted out!
 petemacpherson 15 Dec 2010
In reply to Removed User: Martin uses a certain amount of poetic license when writting, but then thats what makes it such a good read! We didnt actually drink any 'Red Rooster on route' We did infact nail a quarter bottle each at the start after our 3.5hours ball ache snow plough in and the other half on the even bigger ball ache out. The 14 hours we spent on route we had as follows. 2 x chocolate Xmas cake(my mams) 12 X Jaffa cakes. 2 x Mr Kipling angel cakes. 1 x packet Jelly babies, 1 x packet Haribo tangfastic(best food for a route)!! Great route mind you.............

Cheers,

Pete

jon 15 Dec 2010
In reply to petemacpherson:

Jeeeesus, that's a long day. Well done!
GBriffett 15 Dec 2010
I particularly like the description of you cursing like a troll!

Brilliant effort. Well done.

ps Haribo should be main sponsors of London 2012
 petemacpherson 15 Dec 2010
In reply to GBriffett:'cursing like a troll'

Here G, that doesnt sound like me now does it

Cheers
Removed User 15 Dec 2010

Mighty stuff. I think 'Red Rooster' is probably fine due to the lack of David Lama connotations. You didn't place any bolts did you?!
 Erik B 15 Dec 2010
In reply to petemacpherson: I have to agree about tangfastic sourmix, perfect match between sweet and getting yer mooth waterin sourness, if yer eating them in the house chuck them in the freezer for a few minutes to emulate the hill experience

superb effort on God Delusion by the way
GBriffett 16 Dec 2010
Nope. Not even slightly. Never ever heard a single profanity uttered - I think Martin must be using a large dose of poetic license.
Flatus Vetus 16 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

A fantastic dry tooling achievement.
Removed User 16 Dec 2010
In reply to Flatus Vetus:

Are you not meant to be studying for exams Calum?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...