UKC

Jerry Moffatt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gaz22 12 Jan 2011
Hello, Can anyone identify the shoes Jerry Moffatt is wearing on the front cover of his book Revelations? I've been trying to find out for a while with no luck. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Oniano 12 Jan 2011
In reply to Gaz22:

Can anybody identify the legins while they're at it? I've been looking for a pair for a while. Thanks in advance for any replies.
In reply to Gaz22: I think they're Boreal Lasers, but I'm probably wrong.
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

If as I think, pink and black, yes Lasers.
 Tony the Blade 12 Jan 2011
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

They are indeed lasers - old school stylee
 Ian Jones 12 Jan 2011
In reply to Gaz22:

Definitely Boreal Lasers. Really good, light shoe. Crux of New Dawn felt dead easy in them, seriously.

lycra tights we all obtained from downtown Sheffield.
 jamesg85 12 Jan 2011
In reply to Gaz22: would they be boral 'fires'. I seem to remember from the book that he had one of the first pairs of these. I might be wrong, I remember at one point he was certainly wearing these.
In reply to The Purple Pimpernel:

Ah but did you have the 'ninja' lycra pants and white-man dreads?

Guess who?
 jamesg85 12 Jan 2011
In reply to Gaz22: yes sorry previous poster was right boreal lasers for sure
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://images.craigslist.org/3k63md3o...
In reply to jamesgreenfield:

I think I still have a pair languishing in the bottom of my cupboard, sat alongside my Ninja's (slippers) and Aces - Boreal all the way, currently using Jokers.
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide: have you been wankin over my copy of revelations whilst im in exams?!?!
 Jack_F 12 Jan 2011
In reply to Gaz22: I thought they were lasers but in the book he says they are the fire rock boots that bacher gave him? I could be wrong though??
 john arran 12 Jan 2011
In reply to Jack_F:
They're definitely Lasers. Fires had red laces and no stripes - just a big red ankle dot. Perhaps the photo isn't from the FA but taken at a later date?
 TimB 12 Jan 2011
In reply to john arran:

The cover of Revelations shows Jerry in lasers:
http://www.v-publishing.co.uk/titles/biography/jerry-moffatt-revelations.ht...

The FA photo that I remember seeing was taken by Greg Lucas (from more directly above I think) and is reproduced in On Peak Rock. If I remember correctly it has jerry in vest, running shorts, Firés (with big socks) and possibly facial hair. It has a great lne of chalky handprints that run up the arête as far as Jerry and no further.
 MJ 12 Jan 2011
In reply to john arran:

I've got a brand new pair of Fires in my cupboard. The old man bought them to go climbing with me years ago, but never actually used them.

MJ 12 Jan 2011
In reply to jamesgreenfield:

"would they be boral 'fires'. I seem to remember from the book that he had one of the first pairs of these".

Moffatt had the first pair of Fires in the country and used them on the First Ascent of Masters Wall. That was in 1983.
M0nkey 12 Jan 2011
In reply to Gaz22:

Answered already, but they're lasers. A great boot which had a disappointing life span. They were brilliant after about the third week of use. They continued thereafter to be brilliant for about three weeks, then they would go floppy and start to roll off small edges. Nostalgia aside, although they were great at the time, they wouldn't be anywhere near as good as more modern boots (Anasazi lace up is very hard to beat).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...