UKC

Bouldering in western Germany

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jakes 14 Jan 2011
From next week, I'm going to be spending 2 months researching in Marburg, Hesse, and after doing a fairly extensive amount of research I've still got a few questions that would good if I could find someone to answer them! So if there's someone out there with the relevant knowledge it would be very much appreciated if you could help out!

I understand that it's possible to get to, the decent looking, crag of Riesenstein by train. I was wondering, firstly, how easy it is and, secondly, what other decent crags are reachable by train/public transport?

On the similar (but more general) note, what problems and crags can people recommend in the area? I've got the Panico 'Eifel en Bloc' and the old Pfalz bouldering guidebooks (with Riesenstein in it). Plus, I will attempt to get hold of the newer 'Odenwald Boulderfuhrer' guidebook when I'm out there (not available through Cordee in the UK).

Note: ideally I'm looking at crags/problems with a range of decent problems between 7a-7c.

Also, I don't know if anyone has any experience of meeting people out there, but if you do, do you have any advice on meeting other climbers (other than at the local wall/crags)? i.e. is getting involved with the local DAV worth it for only 2 months?

Finally, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have any experience of being a climber and living in Marburg? I've found there's a wall in Wetzlar ("The Cube"), but it seems like it'll be tricky to get to on public transport (although it's only ~40 mins drive). So any info on alternative training venues etc will be appreciated!

Sorry for the rather long, and rambling, nature of this post. If you don't have any relevant info, but know someone who might, it would be very much appreciated if you could point them in this direction!

Cheers,
jakes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...