UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Rad Butts - New Year Special - Everest Adventure

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 17 Jan 2011
Rad Butts on his Everest Adventure - Sniffing the Dream..., 4 kbAn outlandish attempt on Everest's final challenge, Fantasy Ridge, completes another solid year for Rad Butts and Creagan Beaulay.

Creagan reports live from a location close to the east Rongbuk Glacier, Everest:

"He felt called to climb Everest's Fantasy Ridge, but by applying what he called 'the way of the sheep', or 'the ovine path.'..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=3340

Misha 18 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC Articles:
Very good, thanks.
 punster 18 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: Once again Rad shows us all the way forward with his visionary ethics and style, how wrong we've been all this time going fast-and-light,
is the first 'Retro Siege' style ascent of Everest ?

I can just imagine them all gathering round the video link in Base Camp in hushed silence...

It's been 24 hours since our last update - any more news updates UKC ?
 Rampikino 18 Jan 2011

I've enjoyed the previous articles up to now, and this one is very much in the same vein, but the format and idea is starting to feel a little tired and overworked to me. It does feel as though it is a following a slightly predictable format and relies on the jokes or setups of the previous articles.

That being said, Park Front was very, very good.
 ablackett 19 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: I don't understand this.
 steve456 19 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: I think the lack of replies to this latest in a series of crap articles speaks volumes. Like almost everyone else who has had the misfortune of beginning reading a Rad Butts article before, I've not even tried to read it because it's blatantly going to be dire.

I'm sure Mick/Alan will be along in a sec with statistics showing that eleven thousand people read the article from start to finish and 94% of them thought it was fantastic.
Profanisaurus Rex 19 Jan 2011
In reply to steve456:

I agree. The first one I read, about the boulder, had me in stitches. The rest were way too similar.
 Only a hill 19 Jan 2011
The first two were funny ... all the rest have been crap.
 Cobbler 19 Jan 2011

"The way of the sheep is the path to true meaning."

Awsome, dude! I'm going to adopt this as my mantra.

At Rad's rate I'll not be expecting an update for at least a few weeks - time enough for me to see if The Ovine Path is the one for me.

KUTGW!
 Monk 08 Feb 2011

I have to admit that contrary to other posters, I think that this is the best Rad Butts tale yet. There are so many subtle elements to it.
 thommi 08 Feb 2011
In reply to Monk: I agree, really quite clever.
 AlXN 08 Feb 2011
In reply to Monk:

Thanks for your supportive feedback. It's tricky/impossible to do this sort of satirical writing and please everybody, so it's great to hear when it matches someone's taste.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...