UKC

How do u like your coffee?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Slap-and-shake-man 25 Sep 2001
As I settled down in front of my computer this morning, I noted the bas***d latching the jug on The Attitude Inspector on my screen saver and pressed the plunger on my cafetiere with too much disgust - and flooded my desk with coffee.

I am a double espresso kind of guy when I can get it (typically cannot be bothered making it myself) how do you like your coffee?
WillyB 25 Sep 2001
In reply to Slap-and-shake-man:

My favorite is double espresso topped up with a bit of hot water, or topped with a minimal amunt of milk froyh (or American & Macchiato for the toffs).
Graham 25 Sep 2001

My colleague has recently been getting so large in the belly department that yesterday he reached across his desk to pick up some papers and knocked his coffee over with his gut. I've never had a big gut, so I don't know how sensitive they are, but a couple of minutes passed before he realised his keyboard was overflowing. I keep offering him wafer thin mints, but it's lost on him.

Me, I like tea.

G
Naomi 25 Sep 2001
In reply to Slap-and-shake-man: white, one, with biscuits or cake
FH 25 Sep 2001

Dont you find though that there is a lot of poor quality coffee passed off as espresso.
The visual sighn of good espresso is the Crema thats on the top, the kind of almost oily froth. if this is lacking you know before you taste it you've got an inferior product.
Personaly I prefer a triple espresso but with a good dose of sugar.
Dont mind a Mocha however.
WillyB 25 Sep 2001
In reply to FH:

The elusive Crema!!!!

I use Lavvazza espresso coffee (is this crap cafe standard stuff or reasonable?). Anyway, when i use my Brevetta stove-top i never get the Crema, but when i use my Morphy Richards cheapo coffee device, the results are much more satisfying. I know the stove-top should give me beter results but it just don't. And i've tried all sorts of different heating methods etc. etc.

Also the problem with the stove-top ones is the water reservoir develops odd gren gam.
OP The Fat One 25 Sep 2001
In reply to Slap-and-shake-man: You should know the answer to this one, everyone on this board likes a lot of froth so cappuchino is the order of the day
JO 25 Sep 2001

A steaming mug of Douwe Egberts Continental Gold sitting in front of me as I type.....white no sugar.
PaulJ 25 Sep 2001

Where did you get your sreen saver....????

I've tried Attitude and being a short arse could only tickle the jug...!!!
 Toby_W 25 Sep 2001
In reply to Slap-and-shake-man: I like it lots of ways;-D so long as the coffee part is strong enough. Most brits seem to make coffee as badly as the europeans make a cup of tea. Not that there's anything wrong with being a wet blanket.
Cheers
Toby
OP Slap-and-shake-man 25 Sep 2001
In reply to PaulJ:

Re: Attitude, I just saved a picture off the Bouldering.com site. I am not a shortarse and could only just tickle the jug - I think I need to let go with both hands!
Dan Jones 25 Sep 2001

Hot.Milky.Sweet.
Daniel 25 Sep 2001
Black, no milk, no sugar.
PaulJ 25 Sep 2001

Now i've sen the picture i cant remember weather i wen for the jug with my left or right........i'm 70% sure it was my left.....

not right like the bloke in the photo
Tim, the Grey one. 25 Sep 2001
In reply to Slap-and-shake-man: Like my women....
Dark, strong, full of depth, rounded, warm, and wet!!

Espresso, 'A L'Italienne', half a demi-tasse. YUM!
Otherwise, real, not instant.
I have 5 varieties at home, to cover differing moods/times.

Tim, the Caffeine addict
Ade 25 Sep 2001

Strong, no milk or sugar, topped up with a splash of cold water in a Starbucks grande mug which I swiped from the Starbucks in Piccadilly Circus a couple of years ago.....

And ground over instant if there's a choice.
Sloper 25 Sep 2001
In reply to Slap-and-shake-man: Proper caffee late, wild yemmeni mocha coffee and warm milk served by my fiance while I lie in bed pondering [on my day off] where to go climbing.
 tobyfk 25 Sep 2001
Tall Latte with Vanilla Shot, generally from the evil empire of Starbucks (why does everyone hate this company so much .... ?)
WillyB 25 Sep 2001
In reply to Tim, the Grey one.:

Call me naive but is Lavvazza crap or standard cafe stuff?

Also my stove top espresso machine isn't as good as my cheapo electric. What am i doing wrong????
PaulJ 25 Sep 2001

Cafe Direct.....you know it makes sense.......

One huge sack of coffee bought from some poor fella in south america for $30 will go on to make 30,000 cups of coffee in your local starbucks......

In reply to PaulJ:

Cafe Direct for sure, infact I may just have another...
sim 25 Sep 2001

but cafe direct tastes like shit,
PaulJ 25 Sep 2001
In reply to sim:

Cafe Direct Macu Pichu Organic Filter coffee.........

Have you tried it..........

have you a concience....?
John Cox 25 Sep 2001
In reply to PaulJ:

Either hand will do. The advantage of going with your right is that if you miss you are then catapulted away from the 'ankle-snapping boulder', not towards it. This advantage is lost if you catch the jug with your right, barndoor horribly and forget to let go until immediately above the same boulder, as my friend it. With great presence of mind he opened his legs on the way down to land astride the pointy boulder, only for one of his feet to disappear from under him on landing. Ouch!

Coffee: best served out of a thermos during a cold winter's day gritstoning. Isn't that right, Slap? (I may call you Slap, mayn't I?)
Tim, the Grey one. 25 Sep 2001
In reply to WillyB: I use it in the espresso machine. Tastes as good as anything I can buy.
What I want to know, is why do people 'continental' roast Columbian beans? It RUINS the 'mid-range', for me. No subtlety left. 8^(
As regards stove tops? Remember 'KISS'. Keep It Simple Stupid? Threw away an old 'family heirloom' stove top device, when I bought an electric!

Tim, the Simply Stupid.
P.S. Does anyone remember that play from a few years back, about a guy pulling a girl, but she won't shag him 'til he makes good coffee? By the time he gets it right (months), and she's gagging for sex, he's only worried about cleaning his Gaggia??? Funny as hell!
PaulJ 25 Sep 2001
In reply to John Cox:

AA is such a wierd problem.....First attempt i was about a foot away from the jug......but its just a confidence thing....

when i realised i was being cometently spotted i was ok and just went for it......

I often boulder alone and am not used to being spotted...!
In reply to John Cox:

Coffee is great at the crag - if u remember to bring the flask!

I wish you hadn't told me about the "barn door" off the jug on AI - I was thinking it was quite a safe proposition without a spotter.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...