UKC

Drytooling at Awesome Walls Liverpool

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mux 02 Mar 2011
Drytooling at Awesome Walls Liverpool

It’s timing isn’t the best as the winter is drawing ever closer to an end but…..

It now has a room dedicated to Mixed Climbing/drytooling and grades for every one …well almost M5 – M8+ ish

You get to use your own tools too …non of that fan belt and wood nonsense

If you are keen on winter get in there and use it ….or we might just loose it

You never know we (people south of the border) might get an alternative tooling series going !!!

interested ?
 goldmember 02 Mar 2011
In reply to mux: Have you used it? Any good?
OP mux 02 Mar 2011
In reply to goldmember: Yes and Yes

not massive, but the routes pack it in enough to give you a workout if your a keen tooler or learn what your tools can do if you have not done much..theres a bit for everyone.

StuLade 02 Mar 2011
In reply to mux: Psyched!! Good to see Awesome catering to all types of climbing now. Now all we need is a nice cold end to the winter.
 goldmember 02 Mar 2011
In reply to StuLade: Fingers cross!
 iksander 02 Mar 2011
In reply to mux:

> You never know we (people south of the border) might get an alternative tooling series going !!!

If you live right darn sarf there's a tooling series at the High Sports walls: http://www.high-sports.co.uk/hsts/

Final is 20th March at Swiss Cottage

OP mux 02 Mar 2011
In reply to iksander: Lucky you

maybe we should have a North V South sometime in the future...
 iksander 02 Mar 2011
In reply to mux:
>
> maybe we should have a North V South sometime in the future...

chalk vs choss! bagsy Rob and Ramon on our team

tom290483 02 Mar 2011
In reply to iksander:
> (In reply to mux)
> [...]
>
> chalk vs choss! bagsy Rob and Ramon on our team

sounds quality.

mux.....rock over are on about having a tooling comp soon so we could have two venues sorted!

OP mux 02 Mar 2011
In reply to iksander: oh I dont know I Think they are northerners at heart
OP mux 02 Mar 2011
In reply to mux: Actually with Rob's bad foot and Ramons bad hand ..you can keep'em
 Ramon Marin 03 Mar 2011
In reply to mux:

Hey hey, I can still do some damage climbing one-handed!

It would be great to check out the awesome walls, I've hearing about it and it's crucial it get support.

goldmember 03 Mar 2011
In reply to mux: is it top roped or leading?
OP mux 03 Mar 2011
In reply to goldmember: Top rope at the min ...
OP mux 03 Mar 2011
In reply to Ramon Marin: hey Ramon good to hear your still cranking ..

So are you a northerner or some pansy from "dar'n Souffff"

a Chalk or Choss..

pick your team my friend..... just remember that any unwise choice may result in a blanket ban for all southerners at the GOODS !!!
ashaw 03 Mar 2011
In reply to mux: hey they even run decentb REC first aid courses at awesome walls
OP mux 03 Mar 2011
In reply to ashaw: advert?
ashaw 03 Mar 2011
In reply to mux: ha ha maybe
OP mux 03 Mar 2011
In reply to ashaw: that would be yes then
In reply to mux:

Thanks for the heads up on here and for helping getting it all started.

The 'Totem Pole of Terror' is now up at Stockport and Liverpool's is due up on Wednesday. Axes at the ready!!!

AWCC
www.twitter.com/AWCCLiverpool
www.twitter.com/AWCCStockport
www.twitter.com/AWCCStoke
OP mux 04 Mar 2011
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool: Dave its just good to see that training for winter is being provided for.

tom290483 05 Mar 2011
In reply to mux:

was at stockport yday as they were finishing off the totem pole. looks hilarious!

certainly isnt drytooling in the usual sense but would give a solid workout on the axes for people looking to get strong for ice.
 Rob Gibson 06 Mar 2011
In reply to mux:

you lads (from somewhere out west?) are lucky to have somewhere good to train

you need it
 The Grist 06 Mar 2011
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool:
Hi dave,
What is the deal with the totem pole at Stockport? Can I use my own axes on it? I assume I am supposed to climb with rock shoes rather than crampons? Do I have to use a visor? I don't have one but can I use goggles or safety glasses instead?
Keep up the good work.
Thanks
OP mux 07 Mar 2011
In reply to Rob Gibson: Train huh ..and what have you done this season huh!

ok apart from "Cracking up" !

oh and all those hard mixed routes in far of lands ....and some new mixed lines in kanderwhereisthat ...huh

what have you done ...?

Well I will tell you, nothing! zip squat ....

you have a cheek coming on here mr Gibson, spouting your southern softy drawl insighting us gentle Scousers .... bring on the Chalk V Choss battle of the axes I say ...grrr

hows the foot bty, hope its getting better
 tom290483 07 Mar 2011
In reply to Rob Gibson:

you need to relocate up here and join the fun....just watch you dont get a nose bleed being so far north!
OP mux 08 Mar 2011
In reply to Rob Gibson: i'll be training tonight Gibo ...

if any northerners wanna join ...we can put pictures of all the southerners on the holds and scratch there little eyes out !!!

but very gently ...I am not into violence
 tom290483 08 Mar 2011
In reply to mux:

i'll sharpen my picks then......!
 mloskot 08 Mar 2011
Are there any photos of the new drytooling wall?
 goldmember 08 Mar 2011
In reply to tom290483:
> (In reply to mux)
>
> i'll sharpen my picks then......!

Careful, thats a tight staircase to the drytoolin'
In reply to The Grist:

> What is the deal with the totem pole at Stockport? Can I use my own axes on it? I assume I am supposed to climb with rock shoes rather than crampons? Do I have to use a visor? I don't have one but can I use goggles or safety glasses instead?
> Keep up the good work.

Hi
The T-POT (Totem Pole of Terror) in AWCC Stockport is open for use/abuse Friday 8pm -10pm, Saturday & Sunday 6pm - 8pm at the moment. Bring your own axes or hire ours, we also have helmets with visors on to hire. Rock shoes, trainers or big boots are acceptable but no crampons.

Today we are putting Liverpools' T-POT up (Wednesday 9th March) in the Dry Tooling area. This area is open the same time as the centre.

There is no extra charge for the Dry Tooling area, you will just need to fill a disclaimer in.

Have fun

AWCC

http://www.twitter.com/AWCCLiverpool
http://www.twitter.com/AWCCStockport
http://www.twitter.com/AWCCStoke
OP mux 09 Mar 2011
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool: dave some hanging logs would be useful too.

through the beam in the middle
 George Ormerod 10 Mar 2011
In reply to mux:

Had a play last night and it was a good laugh. Never having done any M graded routes, how do the grades reflect reality? Or are they like indoor grades generally - miles easier than their outdoor equivelent.
> dave some hanging logs would be useful too.
>
> through the beam in the middle

We'll see what we can do, I have a few ideas to discuss!

AWCC
 iksander 10 Mar 2011
In reply to D Douglas: Stockport/Liverpool: I'd recommend hanging chain too for a bit of light fig fouring action http://www.high-sports.co.uk/media/uploads/2_1298063495.jpg
OP mux 08 Apr 2011
In reply to iksander: NO ...no chains ..swinging logs are enough ...you want to make it feel as real as possibly.

if its fig 4 you want just do it on the holds like everyone else
OP mux 08 Apr 2011
In reply to George Ormerod: its difficult to grade in that wall due to the lack of length. Your never going to get pumped on an individual route there

Each line was given an aprox grade for its hardest move

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...