UKC

Orion Direct 19th March

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pchaggar 21 Mar 2011
Dear Tom and Steve

I have a couple of good pictures of you two from our (long) day on Orion at the weekend. Let me know your email and I'll send you a copy. Hope you got up the rest of the route safely.

Parminder
 colenn 21 Mar 2011
In reply to pchaggar:

By any chance did you get a photo of us on Observatory Ridge?
pchaggar 21 Mar 2011
In reply to colenn:

Afraid not, old chum. But we were singing your praises from Orion for having the balls to take on Observatory Ridge under all that powder!

Hope you didn't finish too late!
 tom.m 21 Mar 2011
In reply to pchaggar:

Hi Parminder.

That would be great thanks mate, e-mail is tom_moores(at)hotmail(dot)com. It was good to meet you on the route, I always value good banter especially when spending so long stood on various belays! It got dark at the top of P6 for us and so we slowed right down and took our time, had a brew in the shelter on the summit etc. Needless to say it was a late one!! Did you get out yesterday? Next time you're stuck for a partner drop us a line.

Best wishes

Tom
 Misha 22 Mar 2011
In reply to pchaggar:
In case people were wondering about the hold ups, we were the second party on the route (a pair got on just before us but went off up Astral Highway) and we were in a three, with one of our party in increasing pain from a foot injury inflicted the previous day (in a bouldering fall, of all things!). I suppose first come, first served - we set off from the car park at 3.30am. There seemed to be quite a few parties on the route - apparently at least four behind us, with another party opting for an alternative finish. We topped out at 6.20pm, shortly followed by a couple of other parties. Were you the guy we met in the hostel on Sunday morning? What a great route, shame the visibility wasn't great.
 colenn 22 Mar 2011
In reply to pchaggar:

The powder wasn't too bad actually. We mostly had good snow ice and topped out just after 6pm. A helluva route!

> But we were singing your praises from Orion for having the balls to take on Observatory Ridge under all that powder! Hope you didn't finish too late!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...