UKC

Tendon bruising?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CharlieMack 05 May 2011
I've recently developed a pain in my middle finger. I've had pulley tweaks/ injuries before and it doesn't feel like them.

It's on the palm side of my middle finger between the 2nd and 3rd joint (base of finger).
It hurts just grabbing things like door handles :/ Not sure what it is or how to treat it.
Regularly do stretches on fingers and knuckles anyway, warm up and cool down properly, and take suppliments e.g. cod liver and glucosamine.
It seems to have gotten worse since the inital pain last week.

Any advice? I'm thinking it may be bruised, but having not climbed in a week, it just seems to be feeling worse.
 jkarran 05 May 2011
In reply to CharlieMack:

Sounds exactly like the usual climber's 'tweaked finger' to me or at least it's how mine normally go and the doorhandles thing is horribly familiar

jk
 lorentz 05 May 2011
In reply to CharlieMack:

Have exactly the same symptoms at the moment. Fairly sure it's a tendon tweak/microtear possibly. Am fingertaping while climbing and avoiding any problems that involve crimping on my left hand as I'm pretty sure that's what caused it in the first place. It does feel like it's getting better though. If your injury doesn't would suggest further rest, frequent icing (cold/not sugar) oral ibuprofen for a few days (with food) and hot and cold treatment (plenty of info within these forums) once the pain starts to subside a bit. Good luck with it.

Above all - don't do anything to make it worse would be the most important advice I could give. I had a bad one about 3 or 4 years ago and couldn't pull hard for about a year afterwards, so i would urge caution! Good luck with it...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...