UKC

Inconsistent delay after uploading photos here

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fraser 18 May 2011
I uploaded a couple of photos from the weekend on Monday evening. One appeared early the next day, but the other still hasn't appeared. (it was an uncontentious one btw, so no reason there)

Why the time discrepancy? Do different crags have different photo moderators or something?

Robert Dickson 18 May 2011
In reply to Fraser: I don't think there's different photo moderators for different crags, it's probably just that no-one is around to do the moderation at the mo'.
OP Fraser 18 May 2011
In reply to Robert Dickson:

I could understand that being the case if neither had been uploaded to my gallery, but one was. Both photos were uploaded within a minute of two of each other.

Also, there are loads of other people's photos which have now been uploaded subsequent to my single, successful one.
 TobyA 18 May 2011
In reply to Fraser:

> Why the time discrepancy? Do different crags have different photo moderators or something?

Nope. But different moderators do only moderate certain categories though. I choose not moderate "climbing walls" for instance, because - to be honest - life is too short.

But for example if you have a "trad" pic, someone might have passed it, but they wouldn't have seen the sport pic you uploaded at the same time and so on. Sometimes I refer them to the 'proper' editors (Nick/Alan/Mick/Jack/Sarah). People do upload some odd things, 17 bad sequential photos of someone top-roping something uninspiring looking for instance. I can't delete any of them as a volunteer moderator, although I sort of hope the UKC overlords might!
OP Fraser 18 May 2011
In reply to TobyA:

Hmm, that might explain it, thanks. The successfully uploaded photo was of bouldering, whereas the missing pic has a sport climber in the foreground with climbers on two separate trad routes in the mid- and background.
 Simon Caldwell 18 May 2011
In reply to Fraser:
I've just checked and there's nothing from you that is awaiting moderation. So if it's still not appeared then either someone referred it to the UKC mods, or something went wrong in the upload.
If the former, then you'd get an automated email sent to your registered UKC email address.
OP Fraser 18 May 2011
In reply to Toreador:

Thanks for doing that. I've not received any such email so am beginning to wonder if I somehow hit 'cancel' instead of 'upload'. I'll try uploading it again this evening. Cheers

F

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...