UKC

kayak shop glasgow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climber david 26 May 2011
hi

its not really got anything to do with climbing but UKC is a wealth of knowledge and a lot of folk are kayakers as well

Ive asked for a kayak for my birthday (its a bit away yet but you know what they say - the early bird gets the worms) and when i asked mt dad said i was to find the best shop near here to get one so i am asking all of you awesome people where the best place to buy a white water/geneal use kayak is near to glasgow.

prefarabley(sp?) has a large selection and friendly knowledgeable staff. I would also like to sit in the kayak if possible before i buy it

thanks

david
OP climber david 26 May 2011
In reply to climbing obsessed:

anyone know or do none exist?
 joelp 26 May 2011

Brookbank in Perth is a good place. not sure if its too far away for you.

http://www.brookbankscotland.co.uk/

It's better than tiso or the likes who have tended to go down the touring/sit on top kayak route as thats what sells these days. The staff have been helpful everytime i've been in and if they dont have something, they can get hold of it. They know their stuff and can also arrange to let you demo some boats. Worth even giving them a ring.
 Mal Grey 26 May 2011

Not sure about Glasgow but these have a good reputation.

http://www.stirlingcanoes.co.uk/

http://www.brookbankscotland.co.uk/

OP climber david 27 May 2011

thanks for all the helpful replies so far. dos anyone know if there is a kayak shop in glasgow as i cant drive being only 15

thanks
 lynda 27 May 2011
In reply to climbing obsessed: I second stirling canoes. Mrs lynda rates them highly and they often have good offers on. Can you not just jump on the bus or catch a train into Stirling?
 Fraser 27 May 2011

The following is probably waaaay out of date, but there used to be a shop at the city-centre end of Great Western Road which had kayaks on display in the window (they also did some climbing stuff.)

Likewise, wasn't there a shop on Gibson Street a while back that did them?

Take it you've tried googling?
Dirk Didler 27 May 2011
In reply to lynda:
> (In reply to climbing obsessed) I second stirling canoes. Mrs lynda rates them highly and they often have good offers on. Can you not just jump on the bus or catch a train into Stirling?

No of course not he's a climber so he's lazy,i myself would suggest Brookbank as they do a pre-owned service as well as special offers.
 elsewhere 27 May 2011
In reply to Fraser:
> The following is probably waaaay out of date, but there used to be a shop at the city-centre end of Great Western Road which had kayaks on display in the window (they also did some climbing stuff.)

That place shut unfortunately.

hexcentric 27 May 2011

Go to brookbank in perth.
good selection and good staff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...