UKC

Anyone have any details about the SYCC at Ratho this weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 euanryan 26 May 2011
Hi everyone,

Trying to find out when it starts etc, how to enter, and just general itinary of the day!

The EICA website isn't much help to be honest!

Thanks!

Euan
 Martin W 27 May 2011
In reply to euanryan: You're right that the information you seek doesn't seem to be on the EICA web site. It does list their phone number for enquiries, though - I'd be surprised (and indeed a little worried) if the people actually working there didn't have some kind of clue about the event organisation.

For information about entry, see the MCofS site: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=scottish+youth+climbing+championship
 SonyaD 27 May 2011
In reply to euanryan: Hi there. If you haven't already registered for the comp, then you can just register on the day. If you email me then I can email you back a copy of an email from MCofS which contains all the details (time, itinary etc) that you need to know. Cheers.
 winhill 27 May 2011
In reply to euanryan: try mcofs. register before 0930, start 1000hrs. the itinerary will probably depend on the range of entries and be decided on the day.
 SonyaD 27 May 2011
In reply to euanryan: Sorry, I won't be at my computer until after the comp now. Registration is between 9am and 9.45am. The Registration desks will be at the main entrance and will be divided into age category and gender. New Registrations will have their own desk.

Registered competitors will need to have their hand stamped.

Parents/siblings/spectators/volunteers will need to get a wristband from Reception and wear it throughout the competition.

Non-competitors wishing to climb will need to pay for entry to EICA as usual.

9.45 to 10.00 - Group warm-up and splitting into groups. You must stay with your group at all times and be ready to climb when it is your turn. If you need to go somewhere make sure you tell your group chaperone/judge.

10.00 – Competition starts – 3 boulder problems (with 3 shots to top each) and 3 routes (top roped for 7-10 and 11-13, lead for 14-16 and 17-19). All routes will be demonstrated prior to each group starting.

Pay attention to the demonstration and to your competition.

Top 3 in each category go forward to the final where they will be placed in isolation and climb one at a time. Remember to take your kit and food and drink into isolation with you as you will not be allowed out once the competition has started.

If everything goes to plan we should finish around 5pm at which point we will award the prizes which have been donated by Tisos. Awards of the YCS Series trophies will take place after the climbing and before Isolation opens.

Lunch breaks will be determined by the group judge dependent on the flow of the competition. There is a very good café at Ratho but it can get busy so you are advised to bring along lots of easy to nibble, healthy snacks and drinks. Also Ratho may still be cold so bring your warm jacket.

(all copied and pasted from several MCofS emails)

cheers.

OP euanryan 27 May 2011
In reply to Sonya Mc: Ahh, fantastic! Thanks very much!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...