UKC

Ape index improvement

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JLS 28 Jun 2011
I am 5'-8.5" tall, current have a neutral ape index and climb around E1.

To improve my ape index and grade, I'm in the process of trying to persuade my local health authority that I urgently need my arms lengthened by one inch each.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilizarov_apparatus#Bone_lengthening.2Freshapin...

Unfortunately, the NHS seem some what reluctant to pay for this which is ironic considering how quickly they conceded to my breast augmentation.

I need to build my case and to that end, can anyone advise how much of a grade improvement I can expect with an increase to an ape index of +2"?

Also, can anyone comment on benefits of improving my ape index by shortening my legs? This option may be quicker and will generally be a lot less of a hassle.
 DaveHK 28 Jun 2011
In reply to JLS:

You don't need to go to such lengths just because you're climbing with me this summer.

Dave (+4)
OP JLS 28 Jun 2011
In reply to DaveHK:

>"+4"

How big can you go before you start to look ridiculous? I'd hate to become the climbing equivalent of Jordan...
 JH74 28 Jun 2011
In reply to JLS:

I'd say you should go for the arm lengthening option and that IMO it would improve your grade by a minimum of 1 1/2 E points which means you'll be onto E2.5 in no time.

Let us know how you get on.

Reach>Talent 28 Jun 2011
In reply to JH74:
Apart from that one in Pembroke are there many E2.5s to go at?
 JH74 28 Jun 2011
In reply to Reach>Talent:

Hi. Not as many as E0.8's of which there at least seven scattered around the mainland.
 Kemics 28 Jun 2011
In reply to JLS:

Adam Ondra has a negative ape index so i'm planning to get my arms shortened, perhaps we could get a 2 for 1 price in some sort of limb transplant?
 DJonsight 28 Jun 2011
In reply to JLS: I think I saw an E2.5 at Dunkeld, but having your breast implants removed might give you the extra half grade.
 teflonpete 28 Jun 2011
In reply to DJonsight:
> (In reply to JLS) I think I saw an E2.5 at Dunkeld, but having your breast implants removed might give you the extra half grade.

Won't be able to nipple jam as efficiently then though.
 johnnorman 28 Jun 2011
In reply to JLS:

Maybe you could get one of these!1
[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/2iuf2wp.jpg[/IMG]
 Hannes 28 Jun 2011
In reply to teflonpete:
> Won't be able to nipple jam as efficiently then though.

I always thought the proper term was mammary jam?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...