UKC

indoor/outdoor climbing near penzance/helston

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 shumidrives 15 Jul 2011
off on holiday next week to Cornwall with the folks anyone know of any bouldering available around penzance/helston sort of area i would prefer indoor as never been outside climbing but at a push its my birthday n i might get a bouldering mat so im open to idea please help guys and gals

many thanks
OP shumidrives 15 Jul 2011
BumP !!
 hughg 16 Jul 2011
In reply to shumidrives: There's some quite enjoyable stuff in St Ives - have a look at http://www.javu.co.uk/Climbing/Guides/Stives/index.shtml
OP shumidrives 17 Jul 2011
In reply to shumidrives: that looks prity good actualy
OP shumidrives 17 Jul 2011
bump!
 billybones 17 Jul 2011
In reply to shumidrives: Just get yourself down all the beaches on the South coast. Porthcurno to Logan Rock, there's some really good beach bouldering. And the mat's not 100% necessary 'cause the sand gives you a soft(ish) landing.
 Skell 19 Jul 2011
In reply to shumidrives:

For me the best indoor wall is about 1h 30min away http://www.barnclimbingwall.co.uk/ they have a huge free standing boulder. But if you want to try out your pad then there's no point going indoors, head outside!
 toad 19 Jul 2011
In reply to billybones:
> (In reply to shumidrives) Just get yourself down all the beaches on the South coast. Porthcurno to Logan Rock, there's some really good beach bouldering. And the mat's not 100% necessary 'cause the sand gives you a soft(ish) landing.

What he said, plus get yourself to Sennen and have a look at what you are missing - just beautiful rock there
 billybones 30 Jul 2011
In reply to toad: Sennen's actually my favourite crag, recommend it infinitely, but it's no good for bouldering. All plateauish and whatnot.
 Dean177 30 Jul 2011
In reply to billybones:
Word of warning with outdoor bouldering for the first time, try not to get hung up on what you could do indoors compared to how you can do outdoors, you will inevitably be really disappointed. Bouldering for the fun of it with friends is much more satisfying.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...