UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Innovative Arc'teryx Base Layers For Autumn 11

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 28 Jul 2011
Women's Phase AR Crew, 3 kbWhether back country skiing, trail running or climbing – stop and go activities usually get you breaking into a sweat. When maintaining body temperature is of importance, enter the new Phase Base Layer Collection from Arc'teryx.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=3943
 bigbobbyking 28 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

What is 'fastpacking' and 'colourways'?
 eschaton 28 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: " Engineered with Phasic technology"
oh really, what IS it?

"the Phase line is designed to wick perspiration, dry super quickly and resist odour thanks to encapsulated anti-bacterial silver ions."

isnt this what a multitude of baselayers already do?

"What's more, they offer the added bonus of inter-woven UV SPF 50 protection and are of course completely anti-chafe."

again, already baselayers like the lowe alpine dryflo have already achieved this have they not?
 eschaton 28 Jul 2011
In reply to bigbobbyking: fastpacking is lightweight backpacking, and colourways is a ridiculous way of saying that the garments are available in different colours
In reply to bigbobbyking:

I would have thought someone doing a PhD in physics at Oxford would have worked out how to use Google by now...
 ChrisHolloway1 28 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: So what is new about this....
 MRJ 28 Jul 2011
In reply to ChrisHolloway1:
> (In reply to UKC Gear) So what is new about this....

Arcteryx makes this one.
 IainSunderland 28 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

I've got one of the tops (they must have been released earlier here in Canada). I've used it for climbing, running and XC skiing. It fits nice, is comfortable, wicks well, looks decent enough, but the silver ion technology doesn't do much to stop the usual "Smelly Helly" issue. I'd probably choose Icebreaker/merino instead of this.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...