UKC

Dear EICA Ratho

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 henwardian 11 Aug 2011
Just wanted you to know that heavy precipitation events are likely to continue to occur in Scotland from time to time for the forseeable future. While I have a limited understanding of water, I hear than generally it flows downhill and flooding can be avoided by installing adequate drainage. I'm a bit surprised that nobody has addressed the issue after about 10 years of operation
In reply to henwardian: Too true! There is always a puddle in the main arena. I've said this before on UKC and got some irate responses. Brace yourself!
In reply to henwardian:

seeing as no one else has said anything yet and i cant be arsed waking up to arguments between all the internet climbers i'll say what i know.

the eica folk have invested heavily into drainage solutions for the centre and access roads by;

keeping pumps on most of the time to ensure the arena doesnt turn into the new commonwealth pool.

having the access road drains cleared regularly and widening/clearing of the drainage burn to the side of the road so it flows off into the canal rapid style.

sadly though as you stated gravity means that water flows downhill.
have you ever looked at how big the field is to the south of the road? pretty big, and as the water pishes down said hill it perhaps brings with it a whole manner of gunk to refill said drainage burn?

considering its not flooded this year so far and has only now succumbed to the rain after a fairly wet year i reckon we can let them off for one evenings missed climbing?

well, provided they get the ditches cleared out again.

yawn. bed time i think.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...