UKC

Stanage coffee van

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
fijibaby 23 Aug 2011
A friend of mine is looking for a decent coffee van for an event. I thought of the one that parks up in Plantation car park, but I can't find any details anywhere. Does anyone know the company name, or have any contact details?
 Sheffield Sam 23 Aug 2011
I think its called Bean About or something like that, seen a few about I think, maybe its a franchise.
 ChrisBrooke 23 Aug 2011
In reply to fijibaby: Don't know their name but have had many pleasant chats with them - thoroughly nice folks!
fijibaby 23 Aug 2011
In reply to Sheffield Sam: Bean about town. That's it! I knew someone would know. Long may they sell coffee in the Plantation car park. It's been just what I needed before the 3 hour drive home.
 gethin_allen 23 Aug 2011
In reply to ChrisBrooke:
> (In reply to fijibaby) Don't know their name but have had many pleasant chats with them - thoroughly nice folks!

Indeed they are jolly nice people, we were up there in inappropriate clothing and were properly freezing when the sun went down and were so very glad to get our hands on some hot beverages and snacks.
ice.solo 24 Aug 2011
In reply to fijibaby:

my god. coffee vans at climbing venues!

i believe ive found a new meaning to my life.
Allan McDonald (Gwydyr MC) 24 Aug 2011
In reply to ice.solo: www.cheshirebaristas.co.uk
 Rich Guest 24 Aug 2011
In reply to ice.solo:

What next.... Premier Inn at popular end??
ice.solo 24 Aug 2011
In reply to fijibaby:

now the ultimate thing would be a turkish guy with one of those big urns of coffee on his back, strolling about the crag dosing out little shots of black lightning.

he could sell turkish delight and halva too
 EeeByGum 24 Aug 2011
In reply to Sheffield Sam:
> maybe its a franchise.

Not a franchise. Just a couple looking for a simple life. I believe they live in a caravan during the summer before heading back home somewhere in the Midlands during the winter. It is only the caravan park closing down that stops them staying permanently. As others have said - really nice folks and good coffee.
 Al Evans 24 Aug 2011
In reply to ice.solo:
> (In reply to fijibaby)
>
> my god. coffee vans at climbing venues!
>
> i believe ive found a new meaning to my life.

There have always been coffee (tea) vans at climbing venues. the best ever was 'The Desert Rat' at Millstone car park back in the 1960's.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...