UKC

Matterhorn Photos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 robdan 29 Aug 2011
I have posted a series of Matterhorn route photos into my gallery after a fortunate good weather ascent last week. I've noticed there are not many photos on the site that show the general route or ground that you come across if you are interested in climbing the Hornli ridge. Not sure how long I'll keep them in my gallery but put them up in case they are of interest to anyone. I know they are pretty average from a quality perspective but hopefully they may be of use or interest to a couple of people planning to climb it. Cheers
 Montygoo 29 Aug 2011
In reply to robdan: Awesome pics, hope you had a great time thankyou!
 mrchewy 29 Aug 2011
In reply to robdan: Some nice shots. Busier than Tryfan North Ridge by the looks of however!
 wilkie14c 29 Aug 2011
In reply to robdan:
Yep good shots Rob, very helpful for those heading over!
 Fredt 29 Aug 2011
In reply to robdan:

Very useful thanks.
Out of interest, what UK grade would you give the lower and upper Moseley slab pitches?
OP robdan 29 Aug 2011
In reply to all : Yes was superb day thanks.
Blanchie, best of luck mate, I know you are flying out tomorrow, fingers crossed for some good weather and conditions for you and the guys.
Regarding the crowdedness of the route, for sure it was busy but we only got held up at the start and at the lower Moseley slab really. However we ended up sharing the summit ridge with about 15-20 other people !
Grade of the lower and upper Moseley slab ? I'm sure there are others on this site with more experience than me to accurately comment. Remember you are in big boots not rock shoes. Both I think are graded UIAA III- which equates to VD grade. However they are at 4,000m but there are bolts, wires and places to protect. Personally I found the lower harder than the upper slab and going down harder than going up but I'm not very good ! Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...