UKC

New route at almscliff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ewan Russell 12 Sep 2011
Hi

Think i might have put up a new route the other day at almscliff. It started to the right of demon wall, up the arete. I think it is probbaly about E3
Anyone know if it has been done?
cheers
 conorcussell 12 Sep 2011
In reply to The third: Yeh this is my new route i did 6 years ago. Although i graded it E5, you must have had easier beta than me.
 conorcussell 12 Sep 2011
In reply to conorcussell: It was actually E13 at first but my climbing partner said i was overgrading it
 webbo 12 Sep 2011
In reply to The third:
Is that not Dolphinian HVS.
 pebbles 12 Sep 2011
In reply to The third: isnt this it?
http://www.rockfax.com/databases/r.php?i=23788
"10m. The right arete of the wall has a taxing finish with a long stretch for a juggy flute.
FA. Al Manson 1976" E15b
OP Ewan Russell 12 Sep 2011
In reply to The third:
sorry this is I guess a ukc-rape. I have already done dolphinan. thanks anyway.
 andi turner 12 Sep 2011
In reply to The third: So is it squeezed between Demon Wall and Dolphinian?
 Mattyk 12 Sep 2011
In reply to The third: I think I know what you mean. I haven't done Dolphinian because when i went to do it i hadn't properly read the description and tried to climb the arete too. Does it use some sneeky holds (possibly a small pocket from memory?) for the right hand around the arete?

I never committed to it as I wasn't sure if it was right- I'd say worth claiming though as it is a different route to Dolphinian at least the middle third is probably done but not recorded as many are at Almscliff. Good stuff!
 conorcussell 12 Sep 2011
In reply to andi turner: Today Ewan released this statement to police. "I apologise for the actions of one of my housemates who took advantage of my unattended computer and made a UKC thread in my name aimed at making all users of UKC believe i was a massive punter by claiming a new route which is already a well established route at possibly the most extensively developed crag in Yorkshire." Reporters claim Ewan showed great remorse for this troll thread and offers sincere apologies to all involved.
 Mattyk 12 Sep 2011
OP Ewan Russell 12 Sep 2011
In reply to Mattyk: quite possibly. Anyway I am not claiming this lead. Thanks for the honest intrest To just double confirm my house mates are cock ends(lovely ones at that mind)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...