UKC

Shorts Recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jbrom 18 Dec 2011
Hey Guys and Girls,

As I am upping my distances I am finding I am spending more time out on the trails by myself. I like to take my phone out with me if I am on my own, only issue being a lack of shorts with adequate pocket provision beyond a key pocket.

I know I could buy an arm strap but I would rather the phone was in an aquapac zipped safely in a pocket.

I find myself most often reaching for my shorts made from cut down tracksuit bottoms with two full zipped pockets. Does anybody have any recommendation for shorts with at least one decent sized zipped pocket? Very difficult to tell just looking at shorts on the web.

Cheers
 steelbru 19 Dec 2011
In reply to jbrom:
I think I'd find a phone in a pocket uncomfortable, as would it not be bouncing around ?

Have you considered a small bumbag, also useful for food/gels, and a windshirt/gloves/hat etc if you're doing long runs at this time of year.

I've got the Inov8 2 litre one which you hardly notice it's there.
http://www.inov-8.com/Products-Detail.asp?PG=PG2&L=26&P=5050973243
 The New NickB 19 Dec 2011
In reply to jbrom:

If you are on the fells a small bum bag such as the inov8 2l is great for a wind proof, gloves etc, just stick your phone in there. Alternatively SIS and various others do gel pouches that clip around your waist and will fit a mobile in a plastic bag.

Those arm things are just wrong.
 Steve John B 19 Dec 2011
In reply to jbrom: Lots of shorts have a small zipped pocket at the back, can fit a regular mobile in them (not sure about giant smart phones). I use Nike ones a bit like these:

http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/NIK5289/nike-5%22-race-day-running-short...

But I tend to wear a bumbag if I'm out for a while.
OP jbrom 19 Dec 2011
In reply to steelbru:

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

I don't tend to find it too annoying, unfortunately I do have one of the 'giant smart phones' which is too big for many of the mp3/key pockets on shorts.

I do have a small non running specific bumbag for when I want to take out gels etc but think it would be a little uncomfortable with just a phone in it. Maybe a running specific one, like the one linked above would be more comfortable only partly full.
 steveriley 19 Dec 2011
In reply to jbrom:
I've been out on the hill the last few nights on local terrain. Not normally anywhere I'd take extra stuff, but with the snow and ice I took my phone and compass (for the attached whistle). The OMM bumbag cinches down quite nicely and didn't particularly bug me.
 The New NickB 19 Dec 2011
In reply to jbrom:

The inov8 bag linked has a zipped pocket against the padding, which is perfect for a phone. I am sure others have as well, but I have not got experience of those.
 nniff 19 Dec 2011
In reply to jbrom:

I have a small neoprene bumbag - it's big enough for car key, front door key, phone, a credit card and a couple of gels and a couple of coins.

It doesn't bounce and is ideal for runs and bike rides that just happen to take in the National Trust tea shop on top of Leith Hill
In reply to jbrom:
How about a security wallet, i.e. the ones you put your passports/cash in when travelling abroad. It should fit your phone in easy enough, not move and you can use it with any pair of shorts or even Ronhills,etc.

This is an example,
http://www.magellans.com/store/Small_Bags___Wallets___Wallets___Money_Belts...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...