UKC

Alpkit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tall Josh 12 Jan 2012
After two years of waiting for it to be in stock I have finally managed to purchase a mens XL black filo down jacket from Alpkit. Hoorah!

I'm trying to work out why it's in stock rather than it's yearly out of stock on release date situation. Is it the mild winter we're having, or maybe the price rise to £95, (still good value for money in my opinion). Just hoping there hasn't been any major faults with them that I don't know about?
 woolsack 12 Jan 2012
In reply to Tall Josh:
> Just hoping there hasn't been any major faults with them that I don't know about?

Popularity
 Pinkney 12 Jan 2012
In reply to woolsack:
it could just be that they only got the order in last week. and havn't sold out yet?
OP Tall Josh 12 Jan 2012
In reply to Pinkney: Yep, absolutely. I'm pretty sure, however, that in the previous two years they have sold out of the popular black one's on day of release. (May be wrong).

I blame the recession!
 Fraser 12 Jan 2012
In reply to Tall Josh:

I think their site said something about getting in their second batch of jackets. The first one sold out as usual, or so I believe.
OP Tall Josh 12 Jan 2012
In reply to Fraser: That's good news, popular as ever! Maybe I just happened to log on at the right time for a change. I'm really happy though! I'm bloody freezing at the moment without a coat!
 ROFFER 12 Jan 2012
In reply to Tall Josh:

Don't be such a girl, its not even cold outside! I haven't had to get my willy warmer out once this winter.
 The Lemming 12 Jan 2012
In reply to Tall Josh:

Did you not like any of the other colours in stock?

Every credit for holding out for two years so that you could get black. I plumped for the dark blue and love my jacket.

Ava Adore 12 Jan 2012
In reply to Fraser:
> (In reply to Tall Josh)
>
> I think their site said something about getting in their second batch of jackets. The first one sold out as usual, or so I believe.

There was definitely a batch a few weeks ago as a friend bought one before Xmas.
 Kenny Stocker 16 Jan 2012
In reply to Tall Josh: Hi Josh, last year we sold out of down jackets pretty much over the Christmas period totally blowing our projected sales. This year we have ordered more which is why we are happily still in stock. Once this batch has sold we will not be getting any more until next winter, but hopefully we have enough to keep us going until Spring.. but sudden cold snaps may change this!
OP Tall Josh 18 Jan 2012
In reply to ROFFER: Don't tell fibs, you were wearing your willy warmer on your head just last night!!
OP Tall Josh 18 Jan 2012
In reply to The Lemming: Well, you know, 100 quid's a lot of money so had to wait for the right colour. It's gonna be a kick in the nuts when it arrives and it's too big and I have to send it back for a smaller one!! We'll see.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...