UKC

How many photos have you voted for on here?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fraser 04 Feb 2012
I happened to just notice I've voted on 10,676 photos. Positively shocked I was! How about you?
 petestack 04 Feb 2012
In reply to Fraser:

I'm positively shocked too!
OP Fraser 04 Feb 2012
In reply to petestack:

Say it takes 3 seconds per vote, that's almost 9 hours of my life I'll never get back! <:-/
 Robert Durran 04 Feb 2012
In reply to Fraser:
> I happened to just notice I've voted on 10,676 photos. Positively shocked I was! How about you?

I've voted for two and one of them was my own. Less of my life wasted than in posting this.

petestack 04 Feb 2012
In reply to Fraser:

To answer your question as intended, just 11 (and none recently) because I don't like the system!
 The Pylon King 04 Feb 2012
In reply to Fraser:

Quite a few until i realised what a bag of bollox voting is.
 kevin stephens 04 Feb 2012
In reply to Formerly Known as Pylon King:

Plus 1

(2019)
 Paul Evans 05 Feb 2012
In reply to Fraser:
A mere beginner...1947.
I only bother voting for pics which I like, so I tend to vote 4s or 5s for the photos which appeal to me.

Paul
 TobyA 05 Feb 2012
In reply to Fraser: 5,578 it appears! Years back I used to look at and vote on every new photo, but 3 or 4 years back the numbers being uploaded shot up so I tend to just look at the winter/ice ones now - at least at this time of year, and vote quite rarely.
 The Pylon King 05 Feb 2012
In reply to Formerly Known as Pylon King:
> (In reply to Fraser)
>
> Quite a few until i realised what a bag of bollox voting is.

and thankfully only 407 over 9 years
Yrmenlaf 05 Feb 2012
In reply to Fraser:

I've got a policy for voting now: if the photo makes me think "I wish I was there", it gets a 4. If it makes me think "Wow, I wish I was there" it gets a 5.

Y.
 deepstar 05 Feb 2012
In reply to Fraser: I`ve voted for over 5,ooo photos but have tailed off a lot lately due to disenchantment with the voting system and the knobs who insist on voting 1`s for reasonable pictures.I have now set myself a set of criteria for votes including not voting for anyone without a profile.
OP Fraser 05 Feb 2012
In reply to deepstar:

I can understand being peed off with obviously 'defective' voters, but wouldn't their effect be diminished by as many others as possible voting fairly? Too idealistic I suppose!

I think at over 10k votes, I might be spend too much time voting that's over 3 a day, every single day, for the past 9 years....hmmm. Doesn't sound quite so bad putting it like that.

I'll occasionally vote 5 for a shot that I think is brilliant, even if it doesn't make me wish I were there. Sometimes, it's if the shot is technically very well executed, but usually it's more for the artistic composition or the climbing prowess on display.

I do wish there was a way of displaying the photos you've voted for by score as I'd like to see some of shots I gave 5's to again.
 Mike Highbury 05 Feb 2012
In reply to Fraser: Absolutely none whatsoever. My photography is appalling and like people who can draw or play the piano, such talent impresses me greatly. Sarcasm and derision about folks' inability to climb is another matter entirely.
 Wee Davie 05 Feb 2012
In reply to Fraser:

I thought it would have been more- even though I've hardly voted on anything in the last few years. It's weird, I used to love the galleries but it seems good photos are ten a penny. I'd abolish the voting. It's too cliquey. Replace it with a 'recommend' button and if 50 people click that it gets moved into a 'recommended' category.
 Sean Bell 05 Feb 2012
In reply to Wee Davie:
> (In reply to Fraser)
>
> 5,722
> I thought it would have been more- even though I've hardly voted on anything in the last few years. It's weird, I used to love the galleries but it seems good photos are ten a penny. I'd abolish the voting. It's too cliquey. Replace it with a 'recommend' button and if 50 people click that it gets moved into a 'recommended' category.

'like'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...