UKC

Reccomend a mechanic/garage in Kendal?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Si Withington 14 Feb 2012
Hi

Can anyone recommend a mechanic/garage in Kendal that is reasonably priced, honest and also does MOTs?

Cheers
 gav 14 Feb 2012
In reply to zebedoo:

I've had the guy next to the climbing wall (David Breaks) take a look at my suspension, and he diagnosed it for free and quoted me much less than the place I got it fixed at (he was busy and I needed it done quick).

He seemed honest enough; told me that he wasn't 100% sure his solution would fix my problem (it did) rather than tell me after he'd done it.

Not a comprehensive recommendation, but possibly worth a look.
DaveBear 14 Feb 2012
In reply to zebedoo:

Great MOT place and mechanics next door in Lancaster if that's not too far?
 Kelcat 14 Feb 2012
In reply to zebedoo: seemples, go see John at South Lakes Vehicle Services, tell him Kelvyn sent you. We used him for all our business vehicles for nearly 8 yrs. Always honest, reliable & usually cheapest.
Knitting Norah 14 Feb 2012
In reply to zebedoo:

MGD Commercial and Motor Services
Mintsfeet Road South
Mintsfeet Industrial Estate
Kendal
LA9 6ND

Tel 01539 725293

Always found them fair and helpful. Been going there for a few years now and they were recommended by a friend who counts every penny!
 haworthjim 14 Feb 2012
In reply to zebedoo: Give stuart huddlestone a call 07912 693350- or see him at the wall. Hes an local indy machanic.
 brokenbanjo 14 Feb 2012
In reply to zebedoo:

I'll second David Breaks. Has always been honest and cheap. I used to be a regular visitor with different problems on different old, knackered cars. He'd always get them fixed and running again.

OP Si Withington 15 Feb 2012
In reply to zebedoo:

Thanks all

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...