UKC

iPad and Photos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 R8JimBob88 09 Mar 2012
Morning folks.

So I have a PC at home that is hardly ever used. I do all my Internet browsing etc through my iPhone. The only reason I use my PC is to store and edit a multitude of photos taken with a digital camera.

My question to you is:

Is there a way to import photos directly from a digital camera/memory card, directly into an iPad without the use of a PC?

Cheers
RCJ 09 Mar 2012
 Fredt 09 Mar 2012
In reply to R8JimBob88:

Be aware that the iPad will compress the photos when importing, (but still look good enough to me).
 spacey 09 Mar 2012
In reply to RCJ:

You can get them for a couple of quid off amazon too, I wasn't aware of the compression issue. Your limiting factor would be the size of the memory on the ipad, unless you want to pay for some cloud space.
 london_huddy 09 Mar 2012
In reply to R8JimBob88:

Yes, and you can edit them on there too.

The problem's the compression and storage. I can work off my ipad for a few days with the camera but not much longer before I wish I had a laptop with me.
 Skyfall 09 Mar 2012
In reply to RCJ:

thanks was wondering the same myself
 Skyfall 09 Mar 2012
In reply to hindu:

what to use to edit them?
 Alex Slipchuk 09 Mar 2012
In reply to R8JimBob88: how does the compression work when importing raw files
 The New NickB 09 Mar 2012
In reply to R8JimBob88:

I love my iPad, it is great for many things, but for photo editing and a few other things, my MacBook is far superior, faster and easier.
 sam@work 09 Mar 2012
In reply to R8JimBob88: i use one of those readers and online storage 'photobucket' and the color effects app is also very good . . . .
 radson 09 Mar 2012
In reply to R8JimBob88

Anyone tried the new photoshop for iPad. Im hoping to be able to use that for resizing photos for expedition dispatches.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...