UKC

online retailer without a phone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ClimberEd 10 Apr 2012
Rant rant, effing ridiculous.

Wiggle have cocked up my order in 2 different ways (delayed sending and wrong items).

They have no contact phone number!!! Email only. I even asked in email for a phone number as was told that there isn't one.

(obviously I don't believe that they simply don't have phones.)

Should this be allowed? I really don't appreciate an email exchange when they are being awkward, I want a proper conversation about it.
 Batcloud 10 Apr 2012
In reply to ClimberEd:

Have you tried the 'Live chat'?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/h/option/ContactUs#Contact
In reply to ClimberEd: look at it this way - a telephone conversation isnt worth the paper it's printed on. at least with printed words you can say 'you said xyz and i got zxy.

That said I do like a good rant over the phone - especially when I know im in the right!
OP ClimberEd 10 Apr 2012
In reply to Batcloud:

Yeah, I really want to speak to someone, so that I can then speak to a senior manager etc. rather than some sales assistant tapping away at a computer.
 EeeByGum 10 Apr 2012
In reply to ClimberEd:

We are an 8 man software company that does the same. We already spend far too much time on support which kind of hampers development of new features and products... which people keep emailing us about and whinging. You can't win!

I would be patient and polite or this company just might spit on whatever they send you before it gets dispatched.

Bloody customers!
 Scarab9 10 Apr 2012
In reply to ClimberEd:

possibly that's part of the reason? Anyone who's worked in any area of customer service knows that a lot of the time someone who has a complaint will keep going until they get hold of a manager because it makes them feel better even though the manager may say exactly the same thing. Hell, I get it now and sometimes have to get involved in a situation I have no knowlege of, at which point I ask my staff "what happened?" and then pass on the exact same info.
 EeeByGum 10 Apr 2012
In reply to ClimberEd:

> Yeah, I really want to speak to someone, so that I can then speak to a senior manager etc. rather than some sales assistant tapping away at a computer.

How do you know that it isn't the manager tapping away at the keyboard?
OP ClimberEd 10 Apr 2012
In reply to EeeByGum:

I would have been, except that after my initial polite email they claimed they had done nothing wrong (as far as I'm concerned if I'm told something has been 'dispatched' it means exactly that, not that it is sitting in a room waiting to be collected.) So I had to be more forceful (and no I wasn't rude.)
OP ClimberEd 10 Apr 2012
In reply to EeeByGum:

I don't, but I would rather ascertain that over the phone. Face to face is best, phone removes the visual cues, and email removes the aural cues as well.
OP ClimberEd 10 Apr 2012
In reply to Scarab9:
> (In reply to ClimberEd)
>
> possibly that's part of the reason? Anyone who's worked in any area of customer service knows that a lot of the time someone who has a complaint will keep going until they get hold of a manager because it makes them feel better even though the manager may say exactly the same thing. Hell, I get it now and sometimes have to get involved in a situation I have no knowlege of, at which point I ask my staff "what happened?" and then pass on the exact same info.

To be fair, I exchanged two or three emails before asking to 'speak' to someone more senior.
 EeeByGum 10 Apr 2012
In reply to ClimberEd:
> (In reply to EeeByGum)
>
> I don't, but I would rather ascertain that over the phone. Face to face is best, phone removes the visual cues, and email removes the aural cues as well.

True, but I am guessing that these folks compete on price and talking to you on the phone will almost certainly wipe out their profits, especially if your order was relatively low value. These sort of companies genuinely have better things to be doing than talking to people on the phone.

Just set out exactly what you want to happen in simple short sentences and then give them a bit of time. Asking for your problem to be dealt with by someone more senior will have no effect. That person is probably sat next to the person you are dealing with. I would bet that this company employs no more than 10 people if that!
OP ClimberEd 10 Apr 2012
In reply to EeeByGum:

It's interesting talking to the 'other side' as it were.
They may compete on price, but I expect a minimum of customer service and they didn't manage that.

I also set out what I wanted, in some form of compensation, or ideally to be 'made good' (I needed these goods for the weekend and wasn't going to receive them, despite checking they had been 'dispatched' in time etc.)

Basically they got on the defensive and said that they hadn't misled me and that just made me angry.
 Philip 10 Apr 2012
In reply to ClimberEd:

Just 10 seconds on Google showed a phone number and a lot of people talking about how crap they are, including poor delivery.

I guess you'll learn for next time.
OP ClimberEd 10 Apr 2012
In reply to Philip:

Well I tried google for a number so must have missed a trick there.

I don't normally google a retailer to see whether they are crap or not, but will indeed know for next time.
 EeeByGum 10 Apr 2012
In reply to ClimberEd: Fair enough. It is a tough line to get right. But from their perspective, they quite possibly get hundreds of orders a week and very occasionally things go wrong. The bane of our lives are the customers who buy our $40 product and then expect one to one support for the next week or so. From our point of view we would rather they took a refund and annoyed someone else. They are nothing when compared to the multi thousand dollar orders we get from organisations. Alas you can't say that and just have to take the hit.
 Scarab9 10 Apr 2012
In reply to ClimberEd:
> (In reply to Scarab9)
> [...]
>
> To be fair, I exchanged two or three emails before asking to 'speak' to someone more senior.

sorry, wasn't a dig at you, I don't know the details of your discussion or the dispatch method etc. Just a more in general note.
 balmybaldwin 10 Apr 2012
In reply to ClimberEd:

I would suggest your best bet is to use this useful info on the site:

Email: sales@wiggle.co.uk

Chief Executive Officer: Humphrey Michael Cobbold
Merchandising Director: Paul James Bolwell
Finance Director: Andreas Panteli

and make up the email addresses of the CEO etc e.g. HCobbold@wiggle.co.uk, H.Cobbold@wiggle.co.uk, Humphrey.Cobbold@wiggle.co.uk, H_Cobbold@wiggle.co.uk, Humphrey_Cobbold@wiggle.co.uk humphreycobbold@wiggle.co.uk etc

You wil receive unknown email address responses from their servers if you get it wrong so that should make it easy enough to find the real email address, and then email them every morning until they've dealt with your problem.

It may be less effort to drive down to see them in Portsmouth though
 tony 10 Apr 2012
In reply to Philip:
> (In reply to ClimberEd)
>
> Just 10 seconds on Google showed a phone number and a lot of people talking about how crap they are, including poor delivery.

I'm surprised at that. I use Wiggle quite a lot, and I've never had any issues with them - almost always get next day delivery using the cheapest option and generally very happy to use them on a repeated basis. They are quite a big operation, so I guess it's inevitable that they do get some things wrong.
 sleavesley 10 Apr 2012
In reply to tony: As above I use wiggle a lot too, along with CRC and Merlin cycles and have had good service from all of those. I also haven't paid for the additonal priority delivery and it does arrive within a few days.
In reply to ClimberEd:

> They may compete on price, but I expect a minimum of customer service and they didn't manage that.

It's interesting, they haven't been really competitive on price for years but my experience of their customer service has been excellent. For example they replaced a pair of 3/4 lengths that it was at least 50% my fault without quibble and I had a new pair within three days of posting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...