UKC

On printing your photos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tall Clare 13 Apr 2012
Hi all,

A nice article here on why you should print your photos - could be of interest to the digital folk who only ever look at their pictures on screen: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/40594/digital-photography-blurb-and-printin...
 Blue Straggler 13 Apr 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Thanks Clare, I liked that. They did miss one method of printing which is to take the memory stick into Boots or similar and use a standalone booth. I've had nice results at 8" * 6" (89p I think, at Boots) doing this...although it depends on the branch and how well maintained the machines are and what the colour mix is etc.
Supermarkets and Klick Photopoints and presumably Jessops etc do this too. Nice when you are in a hurry and don't have a home inkjet printer to use.
 Arjen 13 Apr 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

Cool article! I'm guilty as charged, I've only printed a grand total of 4 pictures, and while I have mounted them, I didn't even hang the things on the wall yet, but I'm not sure if my current landlord would like if I'd do such a thing anyway... (making holes in the wall that is)

Anyway, some of my other pictures I want to print behind plexiglass, that gives a great effect and makes the picture stand-out really well. I gave a friend a picture like that, and it looks great...
 The Lemming 13 Apr 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

I too miss the tactile feel of looking at my prints. Over New Year's Eve a mate brought some prints round for us all to reminisce over. I completely forgot how pleasurable it was handing them round rather than everybody crouching round a monitor.

I'm going to make it my mission this year to print off a couple of hundred 6*4 prints and put them into an album.
KevinD 13 Apr 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:

never really done the print out stuff but a friend got some of his pics done by blurb and it was rather nice.

fairly tempted to do some custom birthday cards, just to confuse people since i have avoided sending cards for years.
Andy Nelson 13 Apr 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: I decided to take the challenge of documenting a river kayak trip with friends a couple of summers ago, with a blurb. Ool as intended output.
Made me think hard about the shots and I was pleased with output. The book sits on the shelf now and occasionally get a flick through. Really satisfying. I sent a copy to the participants too. Went down well.
So give it a go, shoot a book of your next trip
OP Tall Clare 13 Apr 2012
In reply to nelsonimages:

Sounds good - I've got a Blurb book in mind for a text project I've been doing for a while.

I'm an old school film type so if I don't print my photos, I don't get to see what I've taken.
 Stone Idle 13 Apr 2012
In reply to Tall Clare: Mind you, it's expensive if you are not careful - having bought a screen that you can tune for colour (and one day I may have to find out how) and a jolly expensive printer with lots of ink cartridges (and one day I may find out the difference between magenta and photo magenta!). I still found I had to use several sheets of paper to get the tones right. Boots is cheaper.
 icnoble 14 Apr 2012
In reply to Tall Clare:
> (In reply to nelsonimages)
>
> Sounds good - I've got a Blurb book in mind for a text project I've been doing for a while.
>
> I'm an old school film type so if I don't print my photos, I don't get to see what I've taken.

I have used Blurb and they are very good

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...