Running forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Blisters/Breaking in salomon Crossmax shoes?

Caterham - on 25 Apr 2012
I'm new to running and trail running in general so am after some advice.

I've always run in some old north face approach shoe things and never had any feet problems. Recently I decided to invest in some proper trail running shoes and after going to a local running shop, running on a tread mill trying a few different shoes etc I ended up with some salomon crossmax shoes.

I've done a few runs with them now and keep getting blisters on the arch of my feet. It seems to be where the sole joins to the side material of the shoe where there is an area of rubber material.

I have contacted the shop about the problem and they said salomon shoes do require a period of breaking in but personally I can't see how this is going to make a difference myself.

Has anybody had a similar problem with salomon shoes and if so did it improve over time? Also does anybody have any tips in the meantime for breaking the shoes in. I'm finding it difficult to run more than about 4 miles without pain where as I could run 10 miles plus with no problem in my other shoes.

... not showing 11 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums