UKC

tendon not getting any better - advice?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jules699 29 Apr 2012
Heard a pop in finger over a month ago now. Mid section, right ring finger. Havent climbed much and leading up to my failed Font trip I didnt boulder for about a week but back now after a very dismal half dayof dryness and my finger is more swollen and painfull than before. Do I go see my doc and seek treatment (for a partial rupture?) or just stop climbing for like a month or summat?
 Timmd 29 Apr 2012
In reply to jules699:

Go and see your doctor or a climbing/physio. Nobody on here can tell you what you've done or how long to rest for.

Tim
 Phill Mitch 29 Apr 2012
In reply to jules699:I had a pop in my finger a couple of seasons ago, not nice is it. I had a lay off for a month, it got no better. I saw a physio who told me to just climb steady as long as I was not making it hurt more. After 4 months there was no pain at all. These things take time!
Mainly i wouls say get it looked at before you do any more climbing though.
As it happens I am now sufering with a shoulder tendon,I have not climbed yet this year! Happy days. Good luck.
 wi11 29 Apr 2012
In reply to jules699: I heard a pop from my left ring finger in Feb, I still don't think that it has fully healed but I had a half decent boulder session today and it seems okay *touch wood*. I went to see my local GP the other day as it has been a fair while and he said the best thing to do is rest as there is no miracle cure so yes easy climbing should help it heal as it will increase blood flow to the area however I have found it hard to not try things that may potentially injure it further. I assume that you know all of this and have googled it: http://www.onlineclimbingcoach.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Injuries a lot of good stuff in here. I hope it heals well and soon!
OP jules699 29 Apr 2012
In reply to Timmd: Oh crap. And summer is looming...
OP jules699 29 Apr 2012
In reply to Phill Mitch: Was the 4 month bit no climbing? Good luck with your shoulder.
 Phill Mitch 29 Apr 2012
In reply to jules699:I had a lay off for 1 month, then climbed steady for 3 untill no pain.
OP jules699 29 Apr 2012
In reply to wi11: I dont have normal range of movement and the swelling is clearly visible but I'm suprised it hasnt got better despite hardly climbing at all recently. I had a tendon injury many moons ago in left hand that responded to lazer/ultra sound so i wonder if I can get this with NHS?
OP jules699 29 Apr 2012
In reply to Phill Mitch: Hmm. Interesting. Food for thought.
 Phill Mitch 29 Apr 2012
In reply to jules699: I hate to say it but these things just take time. Tendons are a crap thing to damage! Good luck and welcome to the convalescent club!
OP jules699 29 Apr 2012
In reply to Phill Mitch: Its annoying that I did it indoors though, though it was a funky purple yellow spotted problem at The Arch, front room. Mid section overhang area...
 wi11 29 Apr 2012
In reply to jules699: If you don't have full ROM and it is swollen I personally would stop climbing all together. See a doc but from what I found there is little that they can do short of surgery if it has completely ruptured. I would rather take the short amount of time off now (relatively short)than have longer off later from making the injury worse.
 Phill Mitch 29 Apr 2012
In reply to wi11: Yes, +1
ScottyBillotty 29 Apr 2012
In reply to Phill Mitch: Get yourself to your local homeopathy chemist (or larger Boots) and get some Rhus Tox then follow the directions given on it/by pharmasist selling it. It works wonders for me.
 Phill Mitch 29 Apr 2012
In reply to ScottyBillotty: Thanks for that, just found it on line and it's on it's way. Anything is worth a try. Cheers.
 John Mcshea 30 Apr 2012
In reply to ScottyBillotty:
> (In reply to Phill Mitch) Get yourself to your local homeopathy chemist (or larger Boots) and get some Rhus Tox then follow the directions given on it/by pharmasist selling it. It works wonders for me.

This worked for me too years ago, (I think!) I recovered from quite a loud pop in a couple of weeks of rest and Rhus Tox.

Jb.
 Brian 30 Apr 2012
In reply to jules699: This is a good site as well - http://www.climbinginjuries.com/fingers-pulleys/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...