Culture Bunker forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Touching the Void author abused by school kids online

Morgan Woods - on 29 May 2012
This caught my eye:

"But the story of the triumph of the human will to survive in the face of almost overwhelming adversity was lost on the teenagers.
They dubbed him a “crevasse w------”, condemned his work as “boring” and even claimed he would lead them to fail their exams.

Mr Simpson summed up the abuse in a tweet which read: "A lovely day of children writhing in their hellish hormonal middens...good night vile innocents may you all seethe in bilious acid pus.”
He told one student “adios stupido” and called the remainder “illiterate saddos”."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/secondaryeducation/9289401/Touching-the-Void-climber-bombarded-...

I remember reading it when I was at school but I couldn't imagine it being part of the syllabus. It's a fantastic read but I thought you had to study, you know, like novels in English. Plus I think non-climbers might struggle with the detail.
... not showing 17 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums