UKC

Student housing Manchester near to Rockover

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
sodapop239 06 Jun 2012
Hi
I'm moving to Manchester in September with a friend and we were hoping to live near to Rockover. Does anyone know of any reasonably priced two person flats/houses around that area? Also what is the bus link like to the wall if we were to live further away?
Thanks,
Eve
 Alan Dixon 06 Jun 2012
In reply to sodapop239:

I live in Manchester at the moment and the most affordable and decent areas are in Fallowfield and Chorlton which are the other side of town.

The "green quarter" and the "northern quarter" are probably your best bet and are located nearby, I have a few friends aruond there and they are nice apartments to be had.

In terms of right near RockOver I wouldn't live on Bury new Road or further up nearer Cheetham Hill as they are pretty 'interesting' areas. Thats not be being snobby either, they just have unsavoury reputations. Then again I live in Salford and i've been okay.

In reply to sodapop239: Depends what your budget is but I doubt you'll get a two bed flat around there for much less than £600 PCM. your best bet, depending on if you're going to Manchester Uni/Met or Salford would be to live near your uni and bikin it to rockover/MCC as it's not too far from the Uni areas.
 tom290483 06 Jun 2012
In reply to sodapop239:

go rob a bank or murder someone and you could well end up living very close to rock over!
 fi89 06 Jun 2012
In reply to sodapop239:
It's a five minute walk from Manchester Vitoria tram station, so you could live further out along the Bury to altrincham tram line.
Incidentally I have a modern two bed felt rented out with long term tenants in for £420 a mile and half up cheethamhill, I agree some areas are interesting but lived there on and off for eight years with no problems.
In reply to sodapop239: I would not live anywehre else while at uni than in University areas - there's nothing worse than going to a night out and having to get a taxi all the way back to your flat in the back end of manchester!.
 Bulls Crack 06 Jun 2012
In reply to sodapop239:

Unless you're planning on spending all your time in there I'd base your selection on other criteria!
 tomlloyd 08 Jun 2012
In reply to sodapop239: I work at Rock Over and live in fallowfield. Will be looking to move around august though. Anywhere on the tram line out to blackley males it super easy to get to rock over. As a cycle ride rusholme is very easy, and fallowfield not much further. Alternatively live near a train station, and train into picaddilly and either walk or get a free bus to Victoria. Basically ridiculously easy to get to on public transport!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...