UKC

Cuillin Ridge Guides

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Busby 12 Jun 2012

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Paul Tattersall from Go Further Scotland for all his assistance on the ridge last Saturday, very pleasent guy who was very generous with his advice even though we weren't in his guided group and he undoubtedly helped us to shave off a fair bit of time on our attempt.

More importantly I am incredibly grateful for his assisstance on the last section of the Basteir tooth, totally fried having been up since 00:30 I wasn't in the best of shape to get the exit (about 17 hours after I'd started...) but Paul was kind enough to run up, quickly solo past me and put a top rope down which helped me get Basteir.

As I say even though I wasn't in his party he was still prepared to go out of his way to help another hillwalker and probably helped prevent a call out to the Skye MRT, either from me pratting myself or from my concerned parnter (Who was so concerned he had fallen asleep back at the tent...) calling them out when I didn't get back to the tent until 2 in the morning.

Cheers Paul, there ought to be more like you out in the hills.

Iain
 NMN 12 Jun 2012
In reply to Busby:

We also encountered a very helpful guide, last month, while on a 2-day ridge traverse, who, even though we weren't in his party, was very generous with his knowledge and advice.
Some of the information possibly made the difference between success and failure.
This guy was called Derek and, although I've never really considered using a guide before, was a great advert for using one.
I would like to know his website / contact details to be able to recommend him and possibly use him in the future.
 AlH 12 Jun 2012
In reply to NMN: Derek Bain, Aviemore based MIC. Go to AMI website and use instructor search facility. He's a good egg and works at Glenmore Lodge a great deal. Al
 NMN 12 Jun 2012
In reply to AlH:

Found him - thanks for that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...