UKC

Bowdertone conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joe.91 21 Jun 2012
Anyone been up to the stone recently since the rain? Thinking about heading up Sunday so any info would be appreciated!
 Fluvial 21 Jun 2012
In reply to joe.91:

If you've never been before it generally always dry since the main walls are overhanging

have fun and as long as you climb above V7 you'll enjoy it
 biscuit 21 Jun 2012
In reply to fozmeister:
> (In reply to joe.91)
>
> If you've never been before it generally always dry since the main walls are overhanging
>

and suffesr from seepage on crucial holds and ming in prolonged wet weather. I'm currently miles away but there is a thread about bowderstone conditions on UKbouldering if no-one else comes along here.
OP joe.91 21 Jun 2012
In reply to fozmeister: I've been before and understand the concept of overhanging rock means dry rock in rain...

However lines like the Bowderiser are drainage chutes and the top holds above Impropa Opera get wet, that and the ladder face can become wet due to condensation. Hence asking if anyone up Keswick way has been out and seen what its like, already asked on UKB thought I'd put a post up here as well.
 Fluvial 23 Jun 2012
In reply to joe.91:
Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough so fair enough - If its wet in the lakes you can gaurantee that parts of the stone are still climbable or at least has been when I've been - Saturday night is meant to be wet up here but not sure about sunday morning

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...