UKC

West Nab

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rocksol 25 Jun 2012
I bought the new Over The Moors guide, as we love to have a couple of visits in the Summer high up. The routes and ambiance are brilliant
At the end of the book I read with relish the chapter on West Nab; 300+ quality problems, brilliant rock! I wondered why in 40+ years of climbing we,d never heard of this Mecca. Now I know; it,s for Lilliputians. It makes the Plantation boulders look like El Cap by comparison.
We hot footed it up there at the weekend only to be truly underwhelmed. Tiny boulders of one move. Step on, move up reach the top. Rory reckons I should tear the pages out of my guidebook, so we,re never tempted to go there again.
Martin Veale, another connoisseur of the obscure had never heard of it either, but he wisely ignored my raving about the write up and declined the drive from Sheff.
Still the dogs had a good walk out
 robin mueller 25 Jun 2012
In reply to rocksol:

Had always wondered if there was anything up there worth doing. All the photos I've seen looked like small lumps of rock, but googlemaps shows so many of them, there must be something decent...

Nothing at all?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...