UKC

ticks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
KTT 28 Jun 2012
I was sitting in a pub beer garden today and found myself being bitten buy three ticks.

I've never heard of ticks in an urban environment, has anyone got any ideas. PS I burn't the f--kcers off with the end of my fag, was this the right thing to do?
KTT 28 Jun 2012
In reply to helenpeters: Strangely enough I don't have a manicure set. . .
Paul F 28 Jun 2012
In reply to KTT:
>.
>
> I've never heard of ticks in an urban environment,

I blame dogs.
KTT 28 Jun 2012
In reply to Paul F: Never thought of that, still I'd rather be bitten by a tick than a pit bull.
 phleppy 28 Jun 2012
In reply to KTT: No that was not the thing thing to do. IF they were ticks carrying a tick born disease then there would be a chance it can regurgitate its saliva into you.
Keep an eye on the area where you got bitten, if you start to feel ill with cold symptoms or you get some sort of strange rash(apparantly bullseye) then make an appointment to your doctor. Good luck!
It is rather strange though to get them in an urban environment, i blame birds!
 SouthernSteve 28 Jun 2012
In reply to KTT:

They may not have been ticks that live in a rural environment, although sheep ticks (Ixodes ricinus) will live on hedgehogs and other small mammals which might be found in a pub garden. Other species will establish themselves in kennels or houses (mostly foreign imports).

Look up brown dog tick and particularly the spinous ear tick if you really want to make your skin crawl although there have been very very few reports of these ticks in the UK.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...