UKC

Partner in Scotland for a beginner!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kaltik 01 Jul 2012
Didn't know where to put this so I put it here. I am new to climbing. Looking for someone to show me ropes....crap joke I know. I want to get into bouldering as I live in Cardross which is only 3 miles from Dumbarton Rock. I was a sponsored skater for 15 years but I have had to throw in the towel so looking for something to pick up from that.
I am 26 so not exactly a spring chicken. I can do pull ups on door facings but my footwork is...well like your drunk uncle dancing at a wedding. Just looking to hook up with some people that are climbers so I can learn.
Moving to Squamish in Canada in October to work, i'm a joiner, and ski at whistler. Never realized it is such a big destination for climbing but. It's a sport I have wanted to do for years but never had the time due to skating. So if anyone can put up the time to come out climbing with a pure and utter beginner it would be amazing.
Cheers anyhow. craigross1@hotmail.com if any one wants to hit me up.
 JLS 01 Jul 2012
In reply to kaltik:

Assuming you've shoes just get yourself down to Dumby. I'm there most Tuesdays & Thursdays after work if it's not raining. I'm not a regular myself but most of the bouldering "cool kids" hang out at Glasgow TCA.

See ya down Dumby...
OP kaltik 01 Jul 2012
In reply to JLS: Sounds good. Yeah got some Scarpa thunders a few weeks back now. I was gonna go up there but when Dumby is so close I thought why not. Was there today for a look at it. A guy was just leaving as I arrived which was annoying lol. I saw some videos on youtube, them boulders are a lot bigger when your standing under them! lol Might see you down there Tuesday then.
 JLS 01 Jul 2012
In reply to kaltik:

Yeah, normally get there about 6pm. Weather isn't looking great but who knows...
OP kaltik 01 Jul 2012
In reply to JLS: That would be good. Had a look at the weather, it does look a bit shady. See what happens, was meant to rain yesterday, never seen it down here.
 eltankos 02 Jul 2012
In reply to kaltik: I'd be up for this, done a bit of bouldering indoors but up for going outside too
OP kaltik 02 Jul 2012
In reply to eltankos: give me a shout whenever your free...and its dry lol.could meet you down at the castle.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...