ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Climbing on carrot bolts and other leicester based charms.

comedy_phil - on 04 Jul 2012
So, after having climbed a shed load in the Peak I decided to have a look a little further east and check out the plethora of small rock venues around Leicester/Loughborough area.
There seems to be some very interesting rock types within fairly close proximity of each other and I am determined to get as much of it sent as possible.

I checked out the Leicester climbs online guide, there doesn't seem to be anything new in print. Can anyone shed any light on a future guide for this area?

My other conundrum is based around the use of carrot bolts (bolts without hangers).

If there are any Leicester area climbers who would be willing to share their method of protection with/without the use of these bolts I am hugely interested to know what it is.
I have used stoppers in the past but I aren't convinced they are the way forward, especially on overhanging death walls.

The best answer will receive a picture of a lobster riding a school bus (email copy).
Ta.
... not showing 14 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums