Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Moving to the Peaks, Instructor working possibilities?

Mr.Ric on 05 Jul 2012
Hello! I'd be interested to hear other people’s thoughts on the following, especially if you've done similar!!!

I'm currently working in the South (as an activity instructor) and looking to move up to the Peaks so that I actually live close enough to my girlfriend to see her once in a while! Not to mention that I absolutely love climbing so very very happy at the prospect of living in the Peaks. Unfortunately I can't move till November due to current work commitments. So my concern is probably obvious now; is there much work going over the winter, will I end up packing bags at Tesco’s (no offence to anyone working at Tesco’s, I'm sure it's lovely, just not quite what I'm looking for) I've got my WML, SPA, Level 2 paddling with the moderate waters, PCV etc but still working on the MIA unfortunately.

Obviously I'm making calls and emailing centres but I thought this could be a good place hear from anyone who's done similar! Is this a crazy move? Should I just take a winter season job in the Alps etc and then try for the Peaks when the new season starts?

Cheers for any insight!
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums