UKC

OI NEWS: OutDoor 2012 Video Report: Climbing Gear - Hardware

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 23 Jul 2012
Clive Allen talking us through the reworked Petzl Spirit carabiners, 5 kbHere we have a selection of exciting new hardware that stood out to us on our roving reporter travels.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4781
 beardy mike 23 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: Blimey - the BD's look sweet as a nut - what an obvious way to do it that's also entirely sneaky!
 Jubjab 23 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: so, will those BD x4:s be the death blow for C3:s, or is there some reason why you would go with both? It's not very clear from the video what sizes they are, but I assume they will have pretty much the same range (but wider) than C3:s? And four lobes instead of three, of course.
 nufkin 24 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

Some tasty looking stuff. I especially like the 'near one-handed' placement of the new tricams. One and a half hands?
 HeMa 24 Jul 2012
In reply to Jubjab:
> (In reply to UKC Gear) so, will those BD x4:s be the death blow for C3:s, or is there some reason why you would go with both?

C3s for aid and where really narrow heads count. X4s elsewhere (should have greater range, hence "better" than C3s).

Calder 24 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

Some pretty neat design going on there.
 Hamfunk 25 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

The X4's look like alien / master cam rip offs, only the metolius master cams are £25 cheaper!

There's nothing new to the design.
 FreshSlate 25 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: I hope that micro Jul by elderid never goes into production. Looks terrible. Even the guy demonstrating it doesn't believe in it.
 Alex Thompson 25 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:
Ha ha! Nick Bullock the perfect sponsored climber!
 jimtitt 25 Jul 2012
In reply to Hamfunk:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
> The X4's look like alien / master cam rip offs, only the metolius master cams are £25 cheaper!
>
> There's nothing new to the design.

You might have wanted to look at the idea behind the small cams before writing that!
 BigBrother 26 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: I am surprised UKC didn't put more about the Edelrid krabs than just a picture. A quick google for more info found that they are supposed to be just 19.5gms. That is impressively light.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...