Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Anyone used a North Face Tadpole 23 tent?

Katherine Ross - on 24 Aug 2012
The other day I bought said tent but have a few niggling doubts about it and was wondering if anyone's got any experience of using it. I pitched it in my conservatory and it appeared that the positioning of the main door and the angle of the inner door would mean that rain could drip directly into the main tent body when the main door was open. Also, the fly sits quite high off the ground, slightly defeating the purpose of the high bucket groundsheet.

I paid 157.60 (RRP 230) for it in a sale + loyalty discount but have the option of returning it. At 2.37kg it's not the lightest tent for its size and just doesn't seem to be quite as well designed as my boyfriend's several-year-old Vaude Hogan which I used in Chamonix this summer. But, it seems the design has sold well for the past 20 years, so are my doubts unfounded? Also, people seem to have had problems with the flysheet becoming sticky and degrading.
... not showing 16 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums