UKC

Ape Index

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ludvig 17 Dec 2000
Can someone explain how the ape index is calculated. I've read about it here but I haven't really understood what parts of the body you compare. The arms and rest of the body?
or is it more like "this guy looks alot like a monkey, let's give him a +2".
Enlighten me!

Ludvig
brianb 17 Dec 2000
yes it is the relation of your arms to body.your height say 5.10" compared with your reach with arms outstretched fingertips to fingertips if this was 6foot you would have a posative ape factor of +2" cheers BrianB.
Ludvig 17 Dec 2000
Thanks, I'll check mine right away
Pete Inglesby 17 Dec 2000
Is it in inches, centimeters or light years? (Probably not the last one) I don't actually see why this would make any difference because a tall person with a -ve AI would have a larger reach than a short arse with a +ve AI, but then reach isn't everything - see other thread on Rocktalk
Ludvig 18 Dec 2000
Well, if you are short but still have a long reach (positive ape index) you have the advantages of both worlds. Or reversed, beeing tall with the arms of a midget, not so good.

We (me and my buddy) also think someone should do some research to find if the ape index also aplies to a cognitive or social level. Like hi ai comes with hi salary and hot girlfriend.
Pete Inglesby 18 Dec 2000
By the way I have an ai of +3" but I am technically pants but that is probably because I don't care. And as for relating ai with social status, how or why would this be relevent?!
Ludvig 18 Dec 2000
Pete
It is not relevant at all, it would just be funny if there actually was a connection. I'm not sugesting there is one

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...