UKC

Boardman Tasker Award

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Henry Iddon 04 Sep 2012
Shortlist announced - http://www.boardmantasker.com/
 Andy Mountains 04 Sep 2012
In reply to Henry Iddon:

Good to see Gordon in there
 Jim Walton 04 Sep 2012
In reply to Henry Iddon: Could this be 6th time lucky for Jim Curran, sadly I doubt it.

I haven't read "Into the Silence" by Wade Davis - but it does sound good, but I've read the other five and my nomination out those would be Gordon's.
In reply to Jim Walton:

Thanks Jim. It's going to be very nailbiting, because it's generally regarded as a strong shortlist this year. Still, it's great to have got this far ...
OP Henry Iddon 04 Sep 2012
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Well you've to be in it to win it Gordon. And to be involved in a 'strong' year whatever the outcome is no bad thing.
In reply to Henry Iddon:

Indeed. Not to win is still a bit like getting a bronze at the Olympics.
OP Henry Iddon 04 Sep 2012
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Indeed.
 Mark Collins 08 Sep 2012
In reply to Henry Iddon: I can only guess that Johnny didn't apply.
 Enty 08 Sep 2012
In reply to Henry Iddon:

Henry - is there a longlist? Before they cut it down to the shortlist? I'd like to know who entered but can't find it on the BT website - only 2011.

Cheers

E
 Co1in H 09 Sep 2012
In reply to Henry Iddon: Anyone know what the special event for BT is on the Thursday night?
OP Henry Iddon 09 Sep 2012
In reply to Co1in H:

Friday afternoon at Kendal is usually reading from the shortlisted books and interviews with the authors, followed by buffet and the awards results.

Not sure what the Thursday event is you mention? This year is the 30th anniversary of Pete and Joe going missing on Everest so could an anniversary event. BBC Inside Out are doing a program I believe.
OP Henry Iddon 09 Sep 2012
In reply to Enty:

Guess it will end up on the site Enty. All entered books are usually on display at the awards. As far as I am aware Johnny did enter.
 Co1in H 25 Sep 2012
In reply to Henry Iddon: Check out the sites over the next few days.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...