UKC

westminster lodge, st albans - new wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PerrinT 07 Sep 2012
Has anyone heard anything of what to expect of the new wall development as part of the new westfield lodge lesiure centre in st albans (Herts)?

I'm not expecting much but given the alternatives are hatfield uni, trains into london or a reasonable drive to amersham it sounds interesting...
 lindsaysnow 07 Sep 2012
In reply to PerrinT:

Afraid I know nothing about the St Albans development but don't forget you've also got the Hemel wall. I only went there once when it first opened because I moved out of the area that week so have no idea if it has improved or deteriorated. There is also Big Rock in MK and I wouldn't be surprised if the St Albans one ends up a bit like the small wall that is in one of the Watford sports centres.
 fatbuoybazza 07 Sep 2012
In reply to PerrinT: From the plans that I saw a couple of years ago the wall looked to be a similar size to the Hatfield wall, I'm hoping that it's not going to be like the Watford one as that seemed to be pretty small..

I'm supposed to go to an opening event in a week or so, just checked when the opening event is and someone has given me the date of Tuesday the 15th of Sept, which doesn't work!!..

I'll look into it anyways and post up if I find out anything about the wall, I could sneak past tonight and see if i can see anything of note..

I'm not expecting much either, but if it's well enough run with a good amount of routes that are changed regularly it should be a good resource..
 fatbuoybazza 07 Sep 2012
In reply to PerrinT: Hi Again, had a quick look in on the way home, it doesn't look like it'll be as extensive as the Hatfield wall!, what it looked like to me from a bit of a distance was that there is going to be about 8 to 10 lines at about 12mtrs high and a pinnacle in the middle with about 6 lines on it at about 10mtrs high, possibly some bouldering in a corner or a couple of short slabs(I couldn't see that properly).
It looks like its made of the same stuff that Hatfield is made of, some kind of cement based panels, i could be wrong tho, but the pinnacle looks to be featured. also looks like it's not all vertical, possibly some slightly overhanging stuff and a small overlap on a couple of the lines..
Only big disappointment is that it looks like there's no crack line in there!!..

Hope this helps, and if I do get a sneak peak before it opens fully I'll post again..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...