UKC

Shotgun Certificate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 11 Sep 2012
Are there any UKCers with a shotgun certificate? Have you experienced any delays in getting your renewal back from the plods?
OP mypyrex 11 Sep 2012
In reply to Ava Adore: Thanks. Mine was due on 6th September and I sent it off mid July and usually had it back within a few weeks. I've phoned a couple of times and they just say there's a backlog.
 Ashley 11 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
> (In reply to Ava Adore) Thanks. Mine was due on 6th September and I sent it off mid July and usually had it back within a few weeks. I've phoned a couple of times and they just say there's a backlog.

Politely remind them that due to their inefficency you are currently in posession of section 2 firearms without a current certificate. A backlog is not an excuse, in your current situation you should be the priority over variations and grants.
OP mypyrex 11 Sep 2012
I can't even buy cartridges until I get it.
 xplorer 11 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

I buy cartridges from my local shoot without showing a license. And I'm sure this is the case at most shooting venues
 Ridge 11 Sep 2012
In reply to Ashley:
> (In reply to mypyrex)
> [...]
>
> Politely remind them that due to their inefficency you are currently in posession of section 2 firearms without a current certificate.

If he does that they'll probably nick him for possession of a Section 2 firearm without a valid ticket..
 graeme jackson 11 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
> I can't even buy cartridges until I get it.

For the life of me I can't see how that's a bad thing.
 off-duty 11 Sep 2012
In reply to Ashley:
> (In reply to mypyrex)
> [...]
>
> Politely remind them that due to their inefficency you are currently in posession of section 2 firearms without a current certificate. A backlog is not an excuse, in your current situation you should be the priority over variations and grants.

Well it makes a change from - "You should be out there arresting murderers and rapists" I suppose.
adam11 11 Sep 2012
In reply to graeme jackson:

Well let me enlighten you then. A landowner has a legal duty to clear rabbits from his land under the '52(?) act. A shottie is probably the most humane way of doing so (using my .308 is also very humane!)
He shottie owner may well wish to shoot clays - how would this be possible with no ammo?
 Dax H 11 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex: in all fairness it does say 6 to 8 weeks and if you sent it off mid July its not 8 weeks yet.
 Swig 11 Sep 2012
In reply to off-duty:

You should be out there arresting people for having rabbits on their land.
OP mypyrex 11 Sep 2012
> (In reply to mypyrex)
> [...]
>
> For the life of me I can't see how that's a bad thing.

Well let me enlighten you then. A landowner has a legal duty to clear rabbits from his land under the '52(?) act. A shottie is probably the most humane way of doing so (using my .308 is also very humane!)
He shottie owner may well wish to shoot clays - how would this be possible with no ammo?

And some of us prefer meat other than that passed off as such in supermarkets. If you've never tasted a decent rabbit pie or pheasant casserole then you've never earen properly.

toad 11 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
> (In reply to graeme jackson)
> [...]
>
> Well let me enlighten you then. A landowner has a legal duty to clear rabbits from his land under the '52(?) act.

A pedant writes....Think you mean the Pest Act 1954. The obligation is to prevent them causing damage elsewhere, so you could fence 'em in.
 Yanis Nayu 11 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex: Do you ever stop bloody moaning?
 MeMeMe 11 Sep 2012
In reply to Submit to Gravity:

Don't make him angry, he's got a shotgun!
Removed User 11 Sep 2012
In reply to MeMeMe:
> (In reply to Submit to Gravity)
>
> Don't make him angry, he's got a shotgun!<

no ammo though

MeMeMe 11 Sep 2012
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to Removed UserMeMeMe)
> [...]
>
> no ammo though

He could hit him with it...
 Chris Ridgers 11 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
> I can't even buy cartridges until I get it.

I don't think there are any laws stating that you need to have a licence to buy them?

my licence took 14 weeks to be processed dew to paper work getting lost by the firearms officer!!!

Chris Ridgers 11 Sep 2012
In reply to Chris Ridgers: sorry, just looked that up. It is an offence to sell cartridges without seeing a licence!
 graeme jackson 12 Sep 2012
In reply to adam11:
> (In reply to graeme jackson)
>
> Well let me enlighten you then. A landowner has a legal duty to clear rabbits from his land under the '52(?) act. A shottie is probably the most humane way of doing so (using my .308 is also very humane!)
> He shottie owner may well wish to shoot clays - how would this be possible with no ammo?

My sympathies lie with the Rabbits.
OP mypyrex 16 Sep 2012
> (In reply to adam11)
> [...]
>
> My sympathies lie with the Rabbits.

Bunny hugger.

MJ 16 Sep 2012

My sympathies lie with the Rabbits.

Have you ever climbed on Portland?
 Nigel Thomson 16 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex: I reapplied for my ticket six months ago well within the time limit for expiry. The polis took so long to get back to me that my ticket expired and I was forced to put my guns in storage. Luckily I was able to put them in a friends cabinet and sign them over to him but it was a royal pain in the arse.
Legislation will eventually stand in the way of your average man and his right to shoot.
As for the rabbits, in Britain they eat more grass than sheep: not good for the farmer. If it's brown, it's down!!
 annieman 16 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex: Rabbits eat there own poo. Hungry so n so's.
 DNS 16 Sep 2012
In reply to the weegy:

You could have insisted on a temp. certificate. If you're in BASC they would have advised you.
cb294 17 Sep 2012
In reply to annieman:
> (In reply to mypyrex) Rabbits eat there own poo. Hungry so n so's.

Sure, but that is due to the "intelligent design" of their gut.

CB
Sarah G 17 Sep 2012
I wonder if this has anything to do with various police forces getting rid of lots and lots of lots of "back room" staff?

Sx
OP mypyrex 17 Sep 2012
Called firearms this morning and said I wanted my cert. by tomorrow and was concerned that I could be accused of illegal firearms possesion. They said no - because the delay is down to them no problem. Cert will be in post today. Can I trust 'em?:-
 DNS 17 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

Go and ask on 'Pigeon Watch' the less literate shooting version of UKC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...