UKC

Health Problem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pyreneenemec 14 Sep 2012
Having a really bad time at the moment. Neck strain ( work related accident)triggered off the most crippling intense headaches, accompanied by sky-high blood pressure(21/16) and an all-round lethargic feeling.A head-scan only revealed congested sinuses and nasal polyps, that I was already aware of.Other things have been looked into: an echo-doppler was clean and I'm having a cerebral IRM next week. A visit to an osteopath pin-pointed a few problems with long-standing neck pains and I've regained a good deal of neck flexibilty. I had a problem with Tramadol, which left me with a tingling sensation . Continual pain in area C1,2 & 3 and prickling sensation. Currently taking Lamaline for the pain which is under control. Will see a neurologist after the IRM.

Any experts out there care to suggest what might be going wrong ? Perhaps someone has suffered with a similar problem ?
OP Pyreneenemec 14 Sep 2012
In reply to Pyreneenemec:

I'm allowing myself one bump.
 PebblePusher 14 Sep 2012

My sister has very similar problems a few years ago, not caused by a specific incident but it turned out to be a combination of lower back issues and eye sight problems that resulted in intense headaches that had her laid up in bed for days on end with the curtains drawn (bright light made the headaches worse).

She saw numerous doctors who had no idea, thought she was imagining it and implied she was being a bit of a wuss! In the end she got back exercises from one doctor and new glassescontacts from the opticians and the problem went over time.

I have no idea if this is in any way relevant to your case but don't let doctors put you off having it looked into, if you perservere they will figure it out eventually.

Hope you recover soon.
Chris
 trouserburp 14 Sep 2012

Doubt it's a big factor but I find climbing and particularly pull-ups put a lot of strain and tension into my neck and shoulders (so I don't do pull-ups, also I am too lazy). Have read that doing push-ups helps a lot as it balances out the muscle groups (but I am far too lazy for those). Just a thought
 phleppy 14 Sep 2012
In reply to Pyreneenemec: I'm probably being paranoid for you here but you seem to have several health issues, ever been bitten by a tick? I'm not sure if your symptoms match up with tick related diseases but thought id just check you've covered all bases.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...