Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - motorbike mechanic 'simple' job cost

Scarab9 - on 24 Sep 2012
hi guys,

hoping for a quick bit of advice from some of the UKC bikers.

Chain snapped on my VFR800 VTEC couple of weeks ago. I've got new chain and sprockets waiting to go on but I can't loosen the bolts on either sprocket. I've used some penetrating stuff but the problem is I've only got a little 1/4 inch socket set which will fit the front, and only spanners that fit the back. I'm pretty sure if I got a larger socket set and breaker bar I could get them off with some extra swearing and sweating, but by time I've bought them, potentially bought nut splitters and new nuts etc etc, not to mention my time working in the dark by head torch to do it, I'm starting to think it would be easier and cheaper to get someone round to fit them for me who has more experience and bigger tools.

anyone able to give a rough estimate I'd expect to pay to call someone out to do this?

or if anyone reckons they're up to the job and lives near Todmorden and wants to give a quote let me know.

thanks
... not showing 24 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums