Off Belay forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Nobody expects the Greek Inquisition

Coel Hellier - on 25 Sep 2012
Well we don't, do we? I mean, we expect this sort of thing from Islamic nations, but Greece???? You are invited to sign the petition:

"A bitter blow against freedom of expression in Greece: a 27 year old internet user was arrested and charged with blasphemy because he ran a facebook page that satirised a renowned Greek Orthodox monk."

http://www.change.org/petitions/greek-parliament-free-geron-pastitsios-and-abolish-greek-anti-blasph...

"Here are the relevant laws:

Article 198 - Malicious Blasphemy:

1. One who publicly and maliciously and by any means swears blasphemes God shall be punished by imprisonment for not more than two years.

2. Except for cases under paragraph 1, one who by blasphemy publicly manifests a lack of respect for the divinity, shall be punished by jailing for not more that six months or by pecuniary penalty of not more than 3,000 euros.

Article 199 - Blasphemy Concerning Religions:

One who publicly and maliciously and by any means blasphemes the Eastern Orthodox Church of Christ or any other religion tolerated in Greece shall be punished by imprisonment for not more than two years."
... not showing 128 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums