UKC

New trainers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ive been looking at some new trainers to replace the Asics and I have narrowed it down to the Brooks Ghost 5 through reviews and speaking to the helpful chap at the running shop.

Never had Brooks before let alone this model. Anyone had experience of this brand?
 Steve John B 29 Sep 2012
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: I've had Brooks Cascadia trail shoes for about a year, best shoes I've had. Seem to get good write-ups when people ask about trail shoes generally.
 StefanB 29 Sep 2012
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

I run in Brooks (amongst other brands). They seem more durable than Asics for examples, which deteriorate badly after relatively few miles in my experience. Whether they work for you only you can tell, but a warning about the Ghost; They are real tanks, but maybe that's what you are looking for
 Rick Ashton 29 Sep 2012
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: brooks are the nuts
 Banned User 77 30 Sep 2012
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: I've gone to Nike Frees.. loving them..

But most of the main makes make perfectly good trainers.. Saucony, Adidas, Nike, Brooks, Asics, Mizuno, New Balance.. and numerous others.. Newtons?

There are more and more types.

I'd be careful of the extremes.. minimalist or these huge soled ones... but the standard trainers are all much of a muchness.. fit changes.. but they are all fine..
 Banned User 77 30 Sep 2012
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: BTW Inov8 now do road shoes... and they look a great shoe..
 angry pirate 30 Sep 2012
I alternate between Asics and Brooks shoes depending on what deal I can get online but I have been using Brooks Adrenalines for a while now (good for my over-pronating shamble!)
They have worn very well and are very comforntable. Not experienced the Ghost model but a thumbs up for Brooks.
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: Just bought the Ghost and done 17km this morning in them. Really happy, like running on air compared to my old Asics, although they are quite old now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...