UKC

Balls chaffing on thighs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberttaylor 14 Oct 2012
Today Robert did the Pentland Skyline race, puffing and panting around and being passed by wiry old men and young girls. Alas and alack, my old enemy, the chaffing of my balls on my thighs, has returned with vengeance.

The worst bit was when, on finally reaching the finish, I had to disentangle 10cm of zinc oxide tape that, despite it's inability to stick to my thighs, is surprisingly good at getting meshed in with my pubic hairs.

R
Removed User 14 Oct 2012
In reply to Roberttaylor:

Vasaline
 DreadyCraig 14 Oct 2012
Castration
 bouldery bits 14 Oct 2012

You are wearing the wrong pants.
Consider pants that better reduce the chance of loose bollocks.
 Nathan Adam 14 Oct 2012
In reply to Roberttaylor: It's obviously not cold enough to shrink them. Either have a cold shower before hand or as other have said, vaseline them up like mad.

Thanks for that lovely illustration all the same though !
 coinneach 14 Oct 2012
In reply to Nath93:

Mine knock against my knees.............................
 brokenbanjo 14 Oct 2012

I stand on mine....
 Banned User 77 14 Oct 2012
In reply to Roberttaylor: proper short running shorts and vaseline..
 spartacus 14 Oct 2012
In reply to brokenbanjo:
I have to put mine in a wheelbarrow.
 Nathan Adam 14 Oct 2012
In reply to coinneach: do your balls hang low, can you swing em' too and fro, can you tie them in a knot, can you tie them in a bow...
 Nathan Adam 14 Oct 2012
In reply to coinneach: Very good !
 Steve John B 14 Oct 2012
In reply to Roberttaylor: Back, sack and crack wax should sort you out (I'm not volunteering btw)
 deepsoup 14 Oct 2012
Robert looks a bit of a twit talking about himself in the third person I'm afraid, just doesn't have the num num magic. ;O)

Are you anywhere near a Decathlon? This stuff is good:
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/anti-chafing-body-cream-id_8211379.html
 Tim Sparrow 14 Oct 2012
In reply to Roberttaylor: Or even the old favourite - Bodyglide.
It has nearly stopped me on more than few occasions. Buying decent wicking under crackers sorted it mostly, but beware - buy new ones regularly, as they wear out and the problem returns.
I was saved on the OMM last year by a chance meeting with a friend who loaned me some vaseline. i would have been in real difficulty for day2 without his kind help.
In reply to Tim Sparrow: 2nd for vaseline. During ultra marathon training this year i got some very unpleasant chafing before I started 'lubing' up. Found the ar$e crack was worse.

Mate of mine ran a half the other week and his nipples bled so badly it left saucer sized stains on his shirt
OP Roberttaylor 14 Oct 2012
In reply to Roberttaylor: Cheers, next time my balls will be lubed.

steelbru 14 Oct 2012
Bodyglide definitely better than Vaseline, although more expensive
 Nathan Adam 14 Oct 2012
In reply to Roberttaylor: Its multi purpose as well, so good value...
 birdie num num 14 Oct 2012
You must have great big plump hairy nadgers, brimming with spermatozoa. Stop complaining, you can't have everything.

Are you sure it's just the friction of your massive balls, not jock itch? If it's the latter then Canisten can end years of suffering in a couple of days.

People might not want to Google "jock itch" at work, or over breakfast.
 MHutch 15 Oct 2012

Too much information, Finbarr.

rob sykes 15 Oct 2012

i suggest you check out the reviews here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000KKNQBK

laughter is the best medicine.
 nniff 15 Oct 2012
In reply to Tim Sparrow:

> I was saved on the OMM last year by a chance meeting with a friend who loaned me some vaseline. i would have been in real difficulty for day2 without his kind help.

'Loaned'?! 'Loaned'!? Believe me, I was quite happy to 'donate' because I had no wish ever to see it again, especially as it was lip salve vaseline!
 Boulderdash86 15 Oct 2012
In reply to nniff: That's why I adopt the 1 dunk rule if a friend is in trouble....double dunking is strictly not allowed in my eyes
 steveriley 15 Oct 2012
In reply to nniff:
First ultra I did, mate's dad was stopped in a layby coming off the moor. He had my gear in the back so I stopped to lube up. A few moments later another runner sweeps by 'can I have some of that?' scoops up a finger-full and trotted on, barely breaking stride. Vaseline panache that is.
 TMM 15 Oct 2012
In reply to Boulderdash86:
> (In reply to nniff) double dunking is strictly not allowed in my eyes

Ouch
 FrankBooth 26 Oct 2012
wicking pants and lycra shorts
 jcharles 26 Oct 2012
In reply to rob sykes:
> (In reply to Roberttaylor)
>
> i suggest you check out the reviews here:
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000KKNQBK
>
> laughter is the best medicine.

And that's one of the funniest things I've ever read. Thanks for cheering up an otherwise crappy day.

Phil Ev 27 Oct 2012
In reply to rob sykes:

Seconded... Brilliant

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...